How can I improve my fighting styles? (DX's theories)

General water gun discussion.
lazerhawk08

How can I improve my fighting styles? (DX's theories)

Post by lazerhawk08 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Im an aggressive, lone wolf, risk taker, militaristic, and gun worshipper. How can i improve these?
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

C-A_99

Re: How can I improve my fighting styles? (DX's theories)

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Militaristic and lone wolf at the same time? Try to get coordinated with the team a bit and be used to going both lone and with a squad. As for gun worshipper, get familiar with various other types of blasters, as many different kind as you can. What I'm basically saying is, don't let the unavailability of a certain blaster be too much of a problem.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm

Lone wolf and militaristic explanation: When im with a squad i tend to break away at points then find my way back to the squad and i yell commands when i feel they are necessary. Such as rendezvous, reinforce ________(base, area,squad), ambush, enemy advancing ________(north,east,south,west)
Last edited by lazerhawk08 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Exactly which water gun do you specialize in?

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:28 am

The Max Infusion Flash Flood

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Aww... another FF lover lol. What other soakers around are available to use? The FF is fairly compact and IMO too small for a primary, but makes a good supplement for other soakers.

This is probably my third or 4th time going into specific FF tactics which you might have read in another thread so I'll trim it down. Basically, use the flood for a first attack, then use another FF or another soaker to continue the attack, or attack if you get chased down. (this is so that you won't have to worry about re-pumping the FF to a useable level too quickly, allowing more distance between the enemy to re-pump)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:09 pm

I believe there is no right or wrong answer to this overall question. They are likely styles that are just plain bad, but it depends on my factors, especially your competition. Just pick something would work well for the moment against your enemy and it should work out. I don't think there's just one style that works all the time; you have to pick one to use that has certain benefits over the one you're fighting and you have to change it up as needed.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Actually I would suggest not using the flood nozzle if you're going to use the FF as your primary weapon because it uses up your water too quickly. Drill out the smaller nozzle a bit and it's more conservative and can still soak people. I only use the flood nozzle in ambushes, where it is perfect because it unloads a lot of water in a short amount of time.