Help!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
wells.co

Help!

Post by wells.co » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:39 pm

I need to build an APH and have it ready to go in 5 days......and I basically need in depth instruction on the following.......

1. Pump construction

2. Water Reservoir ideas

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by SSCBen on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Re: Help!

Post by Silence » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Welcome to the Super Soaker Central forums!

There's a decent article for pump construction both on our website and at another site called the Super Soaker Workshop. It'll probably come up through Google.

For reservoirs, you can either use a large piece of PVC or a backpack. Take a look at the backpacks article in the modification section of the website. (It's not mentioned in the APH article at moment).

SSCBen

Re: Help!!!!!

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

Here's a good guide for pump construction: http://www.geocities.com/m15399/pumps.html

As for water reservoirs, you're given the choice between backpacks and onboard reservoirs. Onboard reservoirs can be made by buying PVC pipe and attaching it where the tubing barb in the guide on site would go. Check out Pepper's homemade to see how one member did this.

Backpacks can be made from most anything. The easiest way to make one is to buy a water jug from a place like WalMart and attach a tube to it. I'd also suggest building a backpack from PVC or drain pipe like Xray did a few years back.

There's a lot more guides out there to backpacks, but I can't remember them all at the moment. I'll post some other links later if you need them. ;)

wells.co

Re: Help!

Post by wells.co » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Well good news.....it works.......i've got an onboard reservoir and it holds about 3/4 gallon.....it will do the trick for my class....thanks for the help guys