2700 trigger valve

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:01 am

I was doing work to my 2700, when I started to pump it to see if there was a leak. Thats when I noticed that each time I pump, the trigger valve area EXPANDED! Yes, thats right. I quickly got rid of all the pressure and imediatly did several coats of glue on the trigger valve area. I believe this could happen to anyones 2700, so re-enforce it! I knew the trigger valve was weak, but I didn't think it was THAT weak.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:05 am

I've noted that before on my 2700. That's why the plastic cracked. It's just way too thin. I later used a few popsicle sticks and a short metal bar to prevent it from expanding, it didn't do much.

I'd recommend reinforcing this and any similar valve. It really will break after enough use. Very weak.