Cps bladders, where can i find them?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Killi101

Cps bladders, where can i find them?

Post by Killi101 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:14 am

Basically i want to make my pcs out of balloons, ok...many say take a bladder from a cps soaker, dont have one.. i tried to stack balloons, i got 4 then i followed the k-mod, i got 10 balloons on. when i tried it, the water wouldnt go into the round part of the ballon, it stayed in the neck, making it a cylinder like cps.it worked crap. i realised that the ballon heads were collapsing the inital ballon stopping it from filling. i need to find a "base" bladder to then stack my balloons on, any ideas? it should be accessable in the UK, and hopefully it wouldnt have to be bought on the internet :)
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

Fredcompany

Re: Cps bladders, where can i find them?

Post by Fredcompany » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 am

Mine worked fine, but I found that I needed to pump air into the pressure chamber each time I added a balloon, to make sure they fitted together, and then use my hands to squeeze the air between the balloons out.
I'm a dude

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:38 pm

I don't quite understand what stopped the rest of the bladder from filling.

Also, what did you guys use to secure the balloons to the hose barb?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:33 pm

You need to trim most of the neck off of the balloons before you layer or kmod anything, otherwise it will pool and not be useful as a pc.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Well mine was OK - the "bulb" of the balloons filled fine.
I didn't use a hose barb because I didn't have one at the time, and it was really just to work out how to layer the balloons.
I only used 25 balloons, and they didn't really generate enough pressure to force them off the piece I was using.
The PC eventually split because it didn't have a case and I didn't store it very well.
I'm a dude

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 am

ok,
I don't quite understand what stopped the rest of the bladder from filling.
basically i used 1 normal balloon, followed the k-mod, cut the rest of the necks off and attached them to the first normal balloon. when filled it acts like a plug on the end of the balloon neck, not wanted.

but also, 1 thing i didnt get though. i put the pc bottle like a case around the balloons, and every time i fired the gun with the balloons in, all the air in the case suddenly dissapered, and the bottle shrunk like in a vaccum, how does that work.

like fred said, i also didnt need a hose barb, i just put the balloon on the pipe.
You need to trim most of the neck off of the balloons before you layer or kmod anything, otherwise it will pool and not be useful as a pc.
if i do so, ill need some kind of clamp, most probably metal, how would i prevent the metal from cutting the balloons?
Water:
dont like drinking much

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:14 pm

if i do so, ill need some kind of clamp, most probably metal, how would i prevent the metal from cutting the balloons?
You probably wouldn't. Most people just used a hose clap, and then it didn't actually tear the balloon.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 pm

either put a piece of sticky tape round the balloon under the hose clamp, or use teflon tape.
I'm a dude

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Killi101 wrote:but also, 1 thing i didnt get though. i put the pc bottle like a case around the balloons, and every time i fired the gun with the balloons in, all the air in the case suddenly dissapered, and the bottle shrunk like in a vaccum, how does that work.
You need a vent hole in the case. When you pump, the overall volume of the pressure chamber increases - because you're putting water in it. This will compress the air in the PC case. When you shoot, the pressure chamber shrinks. Presumably when you pumped, the compressed air in the case found a way out, but when you shot, air didn't get back in.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Or it didn't get in as quickly as the bladder contracted.
Make sure the inside of the hole is smooth
I'm a dude

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 pm

PC vent holes need to be sufficiently sized. The holes used in most water guns are too small to perform very well.

Hose clamps should work fine. Just make sure the majority or entirety of the balloons' necks are clamped so that portion doesn't expand. Use electrical tape or such to prevent the clamp from cutting in.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 am

ok, i will try and get back to you guys... btw what is the best type of balloons to use for a cps bladder, 12in or 9 in?
Water:
dont like drinking much

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 am

I would assume 12". You don't have to expand it all the way, and moreover, you don't want to because then the rubber would thin out and weaken much more quickly. So for any given maximum diameter, 12" is better... ;)

However, that means that the last bit of water left in the reservoir will be fired at lower pressure and lower range. And you'll need to layer more balloons in general to get equivalent pressure.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Im back from india, got 500 helium rated, pure latex balloons!!!, for like 5 pounds but
to cut them for a k mod like bladder is a problem. i cut them close to the same size, like 20 of them. when i put them around my pipe, they fit. when i pump they fly off...duh. so i got more balloons and i put them over the fitting and i bleeded all the air out (tried). this made the bladder balloons secured on. when i pumped again, the fixer balloons expanded. the bladder balloons didnt. i dont know what do do, ill probably go back to AP for my APH or ill try the hose clamp tecnique. when i released the air, the balloons wouldnt deplete, they just got bigger and bigger!?
Water:
dont like drinking much

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:04 pm

You need a hose clamp like this (probably a different size) to hold the balloons onto whatever you're clamping onto.

You'll also need something less smooth than a pipe to attach the balloons to. You could use one of these if you can find them, because they're made for putting rubbery stuff onto. (actually they're made for hose and tubing but they will work if you find the right size.
I'm a dude