Juno is back

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Juno

Post by Juno » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:13 am

Guess who's back!

Unfortunately, due to a very tight schedule and lack of graphics editing programs, I will be delaying the release of the Water War Map Game. I may run a text based RP sometime in the future however.

I'll (hopefully) be able to post more on the forum.

Best regards,
Juno Pollux Wright

Edit: Title changed because "Bwhahahahaha" could mean anything. - Doom
Got a CPS 2000 well you know it makes me feel alright,
Have an XP by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night.
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.
Now I'm, Soaker Happy, Soaker Happy every day.

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:08 am

What sort of graphics do you need? And what did you program it with? I might be able to help.

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:36 pm

What sort of graphics do you need? And what did you program it with? I might be able to help.
There would be no programming at all, I would roll dice to see if a character hit with their soaker, and how hard the shot hit the target. If I had something like, Adobe Photoshop I might be able to run the game. If I have the chance I'll run it, but for now...*sighs*
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:31 pm

Try Game Maker. It is a lot simpler than most programming languages, and has a (mostly) graphical interface. And you can still do a lot of things with it. (It may look like XPBackfire-esque, but people have made FPS's to online rpg's with it)

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:11 pm

Okay, the game is not real-time. You PM orders the orders for your troops to me, and I manipulate a map of the battle area with MSPaint. Thus, the game can be played by everyone on the board, and they can interact with each other. (Seeing as people live in different time zones, on at different times, etc.) Thanks for your help though. I'll have some fun with this program. :)

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Paint might be a little limited, but you could try it with that. You could also make a simple program where you can click on the person and drag it around, then save it to .bmp or something. Your call, good luck.