Water Gun Survey

General water gun discussion.
teamdiversity

Water Gun Survey

Post by teamdiversity » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:43 am

Hey guys,
We are students of the university of michigan, and as a part of our project we need to improve and analyze the functions of a water gun. To identify the problems of water gun and areas of improvement, we have prepared this survey and I request all you guys to please take this survey and help us.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WLXQT3G

Thanks guys
Team Diversity

cantab

Re: Water Gun Survey

Post by cantab » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:41 am

Question 2 ought to allow multiple options to be chosen. Question 6, "How often" is missing "Once a summer" or similar.

Other than that, the survey is good. The questions are relevant and appropriate, and it's not over-long.

The usual problem with crank-action pumps is that it's hard to hold the gun steady when pumping. With a conventional linear pump, the pumping force is in the direction of firing, which makes
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

The survey's awesome! Same critisms as cantab, please note.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm

The survey missed another crucial water gun metric: flow rate. It mentioned distance because didn't mention flow rate. From my experience, most people want a flow rate of between 2 to 15 oz/s, with about 5 to 7 being ideal for the most general use of a water gun.

What kind of class are you doing this for? I'm in an engineering design class right now, and I have to analyze and improve a hand-held jig saw. Your project seems similar in purpose to mine.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

And this survey wasn't complete without more choices on what kinds of water guns we use, because every person has a certain style.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.