Hi

General water gun discussion.
TheArbiter97

Hi

Post by TheArbiter97 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 am

Hey everyone wuz up i am newbie here so i taught i post my first post here
here are a couple of things i will try to do here
1.Try to be online everyday
2.learn more about presure,pvc and all that stuff(i'm 12 but my uncle has basic DIY knowledge cause he works at a hotel and to cure boredom cause running it himself he learned about all this
3.making a homeade watergun(topic will be in homeade section when in constrution
4.if people like it i will post a topic on how to do it
5.anyways here i am

p.s. i know i suck at mah rofling english(LOL)

JuchTurtles

Re: Hi

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Welcome to SSC, TheArbiter97!

Hope your homemade is cool!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

TheArbiter97

Post by TheArbiter97 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:36 am

JuchTurtles wrote:Welcome to SSC, TheArbiter97!

Hope your homemade is cool!
thanks man and the one thing i noticed in this forums is that everyone's nics

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 pm

yep u got that right
glad to see that your trying a homemade (there my favroit!,to?).
1 thing u said that u were 12 and your not ment to be on the forum to your 13!.(i dont really care).
but im 13 and i joined about 6 days after my bday so i would'nt be suprised if we
were the youngest two on the fourm. :)
oh and i REALLY suck at spelling to!.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:49 pm

We have a lot of younger members on the forum now. It's fun to see younger people interested in water guns!
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 pm

yes! i have herd many ppl say that u cant have a water gun "sniper" but i have
an idea to complete this with out making it hurt at close range but i want to wate
till i test this idea before i "relase it" ,when i do "release it" i want to make a page
like "The UberSoaker" 's page as it has such a great reputation and i think this will to i
also like how the "The UberSoaker" 's page is set out.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 am

Hmm...How are you going to make a sniper not hurt at close range? Maybe a type of pressure tone-down or something.

It sounds hard...good luck!
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:32 am

JuchTurtles wrote:Hmm...How are you going to make a sniper not hurt at close range? Maybe a type of pressure tone-down or something.

It sounds hard...good luck!
like i said i want to try it first then i will "relaese" the design

but my dad wants me to try to sell them?i dont no probs not tho
it.s hard but then i gess if i sell it to the right ppl i might get a bit of money from it

yeah it will be hard
but it's all to do wiith the nozle ,it will evan have a barrel
im expecting the cost to be bout $50 AUD- so thats $44.5 USD
with i think is'nt to bad what do u think

oh and im also looking to make it quite egromatic
i will use lots of epoxy putty to achive this

and it's good to see that u want to be on this forum every day (i check i t every day)
but this froum dosent seem very active!,but im comparing this to much larger sites (spudfiles,nano-reef,reef centrail)
some times u can evan get a responce with in 30-40 mins.
BTW, TheArbiter97 where are u based (like Australia,US or what)?

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 am

Do you mean ergonomic?

The site is not active right now, but from the months April to September it is very active. Most people on the site are from the US (me included) or North America, or the northern hemisphere which makes summer be during Australia's winter. If you stick around until then, you'll see what I mean.

How much are you going to sell your homemade for? 100 USD?
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:55 am

not shure but i might ship a buch to a member on the fourm for them to sell (like me being the whole saler and the _______ be then "store") because then the shiping costs would be much cheaper

im not shure how much i will sell them for but expect the proto type to be out with in the next fuw months
how much do u think would be a good price?
BTW im gonna start a thread for this now!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 am

Well, if it costs about 50 dollars, I'd price it at about double that at least.

I'll wait until you post that thread for more information.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:45 am

Bradisfun wrote:yes! i have herd many ppl say that u cant have a water gun "sniper" but i have an idea to complete this with out making it hurt at close range but i want to wate
JuchTurtles wrote:Hmm...How are you going to make a sniper not hurt at close range? Maybe a type of pressure tone-down or something.
Decreasing the pressure will drop the range, so it wouldn't be a sniper anymore. It is possible to make a high-range and safe gun though. Pressure can hurt if used poorly, like with a very thin stream. But a thick stream will spread the water out, so it wouldn't hurt as much.

Plus, as long as the range isn't over 65 feet (20 m) and the pressure isn't over 60 psi, the gun should be safe. 65 feet is enough and very doable for many designs.

When we say there are no "snipers" in water guns, we mean just that: There are no snipers in the traditional sense of setting up, staying hidden, and hitting a target from a long distance away. 100 feet is close; running at about 14 miles at hour covers 100 feet in 5 seconds. In a water gun war, it's all at close ranges from this. But a good range of 60 feet beats a bad range of 30 feet. There's a difference, but it's not the same as "sniping."

Please read what I said in the other topic you made, Bradisfun. I address more of this. (And I moved it to the Homemades sub-forum, where it belongs.)
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 am

ok thanks wasnent shure were to put it as i haven't started making it yet.
i hope to have a longer range that 65 feet but like i said im not shure as this design hasn't been tested yet.
i dont see y i cant stay hiden as when playing it will have a WBL as well as this gun

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:28 pm

With your gun, does it involve pumping from a bike pump, or water pump? If you have to pump both the WBL and the "sniper," you'd be vulnerable for a long period of time, possibly several minutes. In that time, you could be discovered and shot at.

This also depends on practicality of design.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 pm

yes it does involve pumping from an small in built bike pump.and i intend to stay hiden for whole battles just camping and stuff.