Flash Flood?

Threads about water gun modifications.
kevin71127

Flash Flood?

Post by kevin71127 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 am

So i just got my new flash flood, and saw the main nozzle wasn't to strong. Is there anything i can do to make it a little more powerful? And by making the big flash flood nozzle smaller will it shoot farther?

SSCBen

Re: Flash Flood?

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:26 am

Well, the Flash Flood actually isn't very strong. It has good water output for its size, but older CPS guns beat it's output with the 20X nozzle. Aside from power modifications like colossus there's nothing you can do to make it more powerful. If you think your Flash Flood is a dud return it or complain to Hasbro to get a new one for free.

As for whether reducing the size of the flood nozzle would make it shoot farther, the answer is it depends. Generally, I think it would improve range, but the only way to know is to test.

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 am

alright. i will probably try the epoxy trick for the big nozzle. thanks!

or better yet use the colossus trick!
Last edited by kevin71127 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 am

I don't know how easy it is to change the flood nozzle on the flash flood. On the arctic blast it's very easy.

If you're suspecting your FF is a dud, see if your range (and other characteristics if you want) match isoaker.com's. If they're pretty close, then it's fine. Bear in mind if you do return it you won't get another Flash Flood because they stopped making them. The logical replacement would be the arctic blast, but knowing hasbro you might not even get a water gun at all.

Colossus is certainly an option, though risks breakage. Go with just a single layer to start with (that shouldn't require disabling the pressure relief valve, so it's safer). You may, however, not notice much difference - both nozzles are somewhat limited by the internal tubing.

You can also make the PC casing larger. That's a fairly easy mod in the FF because of the location. It could bring a noticeable increase in the riot blast, and longer shot time on the normal nozzle.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 pm

A very simple mod with the Flash Flood is to cut out the mesh on the big nozzle. You have to be careful not to damage the internals, though, because the resulting hole is big enough for stuff to get inside. I'm not sure how much nozzle drilling would help, but it might (for the small nozzle).

Twisted

Post by Twisted » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Now, Im no expert, but I saw a mate of mine doing this. He kept his gun the same, but made a backpack out of a scuba tank (heavy ><) and basicaly preasurised that. The pipe was very small, and came over his shoulder, where he had it bolted onto the side of the gun.

Not, the origional gun wasnt all that impressive looking, so the enemy charged readily. What they didnt know was that there was a pre-preasurised beast strapped to his back. When they got close...bam!

Obviously there are limitations - you cant turn your back to the enemy, it only works once, and the tubing is quite thin. But it delivered a punch when they least expected it.

So maybe you shouldn't edit your gun, and just roll with it, and use it in conjunction with another weapon. Just another point to consider.

PS. sry apout the crappy quality of this post - my boss is prowling around and i have to keep alt-tab ing
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather did. not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

when i was trying to take it apart, i took out all the screws, took of all the the orange tips off the gun, and still there was some sort of internal thing keeping it from coming apart near the top of the big nozzle! if you any have ever taken a flash flood apart, could you tell me what to do?

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm

I read somewhere there are screws that might be hidden by the flood nozzle trigger, have you checked there?

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:52 pm

yes. i took out a small one concealed by the trigger, and didn't see anything else.

i still cant open it.

used man

Post by used man » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Then do what i do, rip it open at the last stuck screw. There probably is'nt much chance of breaking it... i think.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Mmm...I wouldn't do that yet, especially since you don't know what's still holding it in.

Is this the Max Infusion or regular Flash Flood?

zacharious8

Post by zacharious8 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 pm

I currently have 8 layers of road bike tubing over the bladder in my Flash Flood. I do have the safety valve cut out and plugged. I have also drilled out my main nozzle with a 3/8th bit.

The flash flood is under rated. With the extra water it can hold using the back pack and with the heavy mods its a force in a water fight. I only recommend you have a back up blaster.

The gun is glued where the pump enters the gun. You will have to pry it off. It is the hardest part.

Zac

I can have a fully moded Flash Flood ready to ship in 3 days. The target where I live has them for 25$. If there is intrest Let me know.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:47 pm

The hardest parts to open are the pump cap and the nozzles. I actually had to saw the pump cap open. I ended up not using it, but I'm pretty sure it won't hurt to cut (the pump cap) open somehow. If it does mess up the gun, you can always seal it back up.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 am

I would not actually recommend cutting out the mesh, unless you intend to do a stream lamination mod on the FF nozzle. The mesh helpd keep the blast somewhat together.

Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Can you describe exactly what is making it hard to open the gun? It sounds to me like you still need to remove a piece of plastic, though it also sounds like there is something on the inside that's preventing the gun to be opened around the flood nozzle. Read our article on opening water guns; it may have some more tips that we haven't mentioned already.

I second what StormGlorious said about removing the mesh screen. Screens serve two purposes: slowing down and reorienting the stream. While you may not want the stream to slow down, you definitely want it to shoot out, away from the gun in a fairly straight line. Without the screen the water could just stray out wildly--without much direction at all. This could seriously kill what accuracy the flood nozzle has.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.