which one?

General water gun discussion.
kevin71127

which one?

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:00 am

Which is the best? the arctic shock, flash flood, or aqua blitz?
if you know any better ones then those that aren't discontinued, please tell me.

SSCBen

Re: which one?

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 am

The answer depends on too many things. What's your fighting style? Who are you fighting against? What's their fighting style and common tactics? What's the game type? What's your battlefield like? These questions will help us determine which gun would be best for you.

If you ask me the Arctic Shock is the best in most situations because it's smaller than the Hydro Blitz (I assume you mean that instead of "Aqua Blitz" which doesn't exist), cheaper than both the Hydro Blitz and Flash Flood, and performs similarly to both. I also like the colors better, but that's not too important.

While I haven't used them, generally people will agree that the Orca and Tiger Shark from Water Warriors are better than anything Hasbro out right now. Look for them if you want something better that's still available.

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 am

oh. ok. what about the XP 110.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:12 am

That's a good water gun depending on what the application is. It's not CPS though so it might not be as useful as CPS type water guns if you use more of the shot time and don't pump. It should be comparable in power to the stream nozzle of the Super Soakers you mentioned aside from that.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm

Maybe I've got a dud, but I don't like my Tiger Shark. I find the largest nozzle seriously lacking in range and power. iSoaker's review says it has good range, that's not what I'm seeing :-(

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Which "Arctic Shock" are you talking about? Do you mean the 2005 Arctic Shock or the 2008 Arctic Blast?

If you mean the 2005 Arctic Shock, then out of the three options you said, I would say the Flash Flood. If you mean the 2008 Arctic Blast, I would also say the Flash Flood. Basically the Arctic Blast and the Flash Flood are the same, except for the shape and size. I personally don't like the AB's pump, but that's just me. As for the Hydro Blitz, it may look big and powerful, but it's really not very strong for its size. It's got enough power and you might give some people a scare, but it's more expensive than the previous 2 (I think).

Of course the Orca is a good choice too, as the FF and HydroBlitz aren't being sold anymore to my knowledge.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:40 pm

These names are confusing. I was writing about the Arctic Blast so if you were talking about the Arctic Shock then you can ignore what I said kevin71127.

The Flash Flood is sold in some places for a higher price than the similar Arctic Blast but I'm guessing will be phased out by next year. The HydroBlitz is still being sold too.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I agree the Tiger Shark and Orca aren't very good on the highest setting. They simply lack the pressure and kick that you feel with more powerful air pressure and CPS soakers. They have great range on the small/medium nozzles, though.