Portable guns

General water gun discussion.
Skytorn

Portable guns

Post by Skytorn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:20 am

I will be attending Vancouver's waterfight on July 14th, and I want to show up dual wielding waterguns.

What I'm looking for is a small, portable gun that doesn't require too much pumping and looks badass with one each hand. A pair of them should also easily fit into a large backpack, and it won't be too tiring to hold with one hand.

Does such a gun exist on the market right now? If not I might have to go with squirt guns... :(

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Out of the current stock-gun market, I'd go with duel wielding Flash-Floods. Their main nozzles have great range and its big blast shot is excellent for use in close-combat scenarios. Plus their light, CPS powered and very well balanced. If you attach a homemade strap to them like I did for my brother's, then they are even easier to carry and use.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. :cool:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Yup, Flash Floods are fairly good. They're a bit bulky for me, so I prefer large Buzz Bee Toys pistols, but the Flash Flood is probably more powerful.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:27 pm

For dual wielding FF's, just remember you can only use one riot blast at a time due to the nature of the trigger. I've dual wielded many different combinations, but don't have a particular recommendation, and I usually never dual wield 2 of the same guns. (since I don't have any compeltely identical guns) However, I'd say a pair of CPS 1000's (or any combination of medium CPS's) would work pretty well. The free pumps are easier to use, and there is only one trigger and one nozzle, keeping thing simpler. Most of the medium CPS's don't require too much pumping, though air pressure guns are slightly easier.

As for the heaviest I've dual wielded, it'd probably be a CPS 2100 and Oozinator; neither balance too well in each hand, and it can be difficult to manage the guns when pumping the 2100. However, I didn't have many guns around at the time and therefore, not many choices. (I didn't even have anything with a strap at that time, which would've made things somewhat easier)

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm

How do you pump while dual weilding anyway? Do you turn one hand sideways?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:26 pm

You use part of your hand to hold the pump and the other part to hold your soaker, at least that's how I do it. Also, you can put a gun to the side (like, hold it w. your armpit) and pump it then, though I usually prefer to loosen my grip on a gun to pump the other one.

So, contrary to popular belief, you do not necessarily need straps to dual wield.

Skytorn

Post by Skytorn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Flash Floods are a bit...big...are there no water pistols only a bit bigger than large squirt guns?

Unfortunate.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 pm

There are actually a two-pack of fairly small XPs on ebay right noww, I think they're XP 220s. You could try those. ;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:54 pm

FF's big for dual wielding? They're overall fairly small guns. If you think those are unwieldy for dual wielding, try a CPS 2100 (w/o a strap mod) and an Oozinator. :p

Only thing that would be of concern on dual FF's is only being able to operate one riot blast at once, but it's still managable. However, something like dual medium CPS's (straps are helpful here) would work better due to their simplicity yet decent output and range.

What guns do you already have? Try a random combination of those. Dual wielding certainly does not require both guns to be the same.

And keep in mind of the battle practicality of dual wielding. It's usually better to have one gun as a main gun with a secondary ready to fire when necessary, and then usually a pistol that can be drawn out. This is the system I will most likely use for the summer; after creating belt clips to my SC 400; I'll use that as a pistol and strap on my 2700 and 1000, but mostly not using them in a dual wielding manner. (though I could at any time) Dual wielding however, is still somewhat useful when you need to seriously drench and intimidate, but just be wary of the pumping, particularly on high-output CPS's.

I did create a dual wielding thread once (which I believe was at iSoaker) but it's quite old and is a few pages back.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 am

I tend to prefer single-wielding. It allows easy pumping (and you can tap/pump - shoot a burst, then pump once or twice to keep up the pressure). Also, single-wielding allows for much larger and often more powerful guns to be used. More range with one gun is better than less range with two, especially since most people can't track multiple targets.

Johnyshotgun

Single wielding over double wielding.

Post by Johnyshotgun » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Double wielding pistols is a good idea, since one can cover both sides of their body, but with two larger guns it is harder, and with bigger guns, darn near impossible, such as certain guns with packs. Single wielding means less pumping time, and more speed, while double wielding is less speed, more pumping time, but 2 times more damage. I prefer single wielding for those reasons.
Raid,strike, and kill.