Water Wars in the Future

General water gun discussion.
DX

Water Wars in the Future

Post by DX » Thu May 18, 2006 12:35 am

Where do you see yourself and the community one year from now? Can be as happy or as sad, as you want, and can be rather wishful thoughts...

My Predictions:
.I will be co-running a popular, massive SM site with a larger forum
.The Ridgewood Militia will have ceased to exist or will be in its last season
.I will have multi-shot water launchers and multi-shot water balloon launchers
.I will be using a homemade as a primary gun
.SSC will have 40,000 posts
.Site-building and fighting wars will make a comeback
.Revolutionary soaker designs will be made
.BBT will improve the power and range of their guns while keeping them small enough to sell well
.Hasbro...will coat their Flash Floods with some radiating addicting substance to get even more people hooked :p
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 18, 2006 1:39 am

This is the perfect thread--for a while, I've wanted to have a thread where I can collect my thoughts and assess all my different projects, which are now so numerous that it's getting out of control. Sure, I could just write it down on a piece of paper, but in the Internet age and on an online forum, that just doesn't seem appropriate. I will also post the links to the projects that I'm considering...

Okay, so one month ago (well, it was actually a bit more), I really didn't have anything going for me when it came to soakers. Now, I have a ton of ideas, pending projects, and knowledge, but that still isn't that much to be proud of. However, next year will be different...

My predictions:
-I will be a major part of Soakerdom (and not just SSC), though my post count will likely have dropped.

-SSC will have a popular kit/component store.

-Soakerdom will soar to its old heights, and commercial/homemade soakers will have progressed rapidly.

-I will have many accepted projects, including but not limited to:
---PCgHs
---two-stroke pumps
---multi-stage pumps
---SPCs, with the Pressure Station for refilling [as opposed to a station that starts pressurizing slowly only once the HPC is attached]
---MTs

-I will have a powerful arsenal, including but not limited to:
---all homemades will be compatible with my backpacks and use two-stroke pumps
---a linear PCgH, mainly for range and high-performance
---a nonlinear PCgH, mainly for battle-practicality
---CPH
---APOL and APWL
---41MT
---HPCs and Pressure Station
Of course, these are the ones I want to make--I probably can't do all of them yet, but it's possible.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu May 18, 2006 2:09 am

Well, here are my speculations:

-new members next year will only read up on April or May and ask on forums where to buy a CPS 2000/2500, Monster XL or CPS 3200 in retail.

-Hasbro will find a new low, adding backpacks to a different Ozinator replacement while bringing back the Flash Flood in as a re-issue. Also, nOObs will hail the arivial of the "Thunder Wave" as the best soaker ever, a new tiny CPS with small tank and small nozzle.

-Buzz Bee Toys will play it safe again by not crushing Super Soaker, just to not push the limits on retail guidel ines.

-SSCentral or SoakerMedia will have a little custom soaker store so I can finaly have a 5+ Litre PC APH made by experienced pros without risking it to turn out like crap and wasting my cash by atempting it myself.

-ZOCCOZ WaterGun Zeitgeist Forum will either be at least twice the size in members and activity, or completly forgotten, or the host site went offline and the site is gone.

-Some of my upcoming websites will bring something new to the online comunity that has not been done before.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu May 18, 2006 8:43 am

Where do I see things going?

I hope to have:

-Built my PCgH
-Built Cerberus (I have a potential new design. It needs checking on a smaller scale first. It should be cheaper, and not require electronics or solenoid valves.)
-Built lots of other launchers (not all for water balloons - grapes and similar [not to fire at people])
-Got my 27K working properly.
-Come up with a few more mods.
-Got my post count up to around/above 1000.
-Become incredibly rich (everyone would like that)

I can see myself:

-Still remaining at SSC, only venturing to other sites occasionally.

I can see other people:

-Having come up with really creative mods and homemades.
-Making homemade stores

I can see the companies:

-There will envitably a new company that creates a very nice sidearm/backup that never gets the coverage it deserves.
- BBT will continue as they are - making good weapons and constantly on the improve.
- Hasbro... They will re-issue the Flash flood in a different colour, but massively more fragile. Also - cue the new gimmick soaker.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:25 am

- I will be using a homemade as my primary, unless it gives me a completely unfair advantage.
- I will have made 2+ homemades
- I will have made at least one Nerf homemade
- BBT will continue to improve the Hydro Power soakers, giving them a chance against some older CPS blasters
- I will continue to be an active member of the soaking community (and the Nerf community)
- I will continue to update my website whenever I can
- Older CPS soakers will virtually disappear from eBay (probably within the next 4-5 years

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu May 25, 2006 1:29 am

I see this for myself:

-I will buy and make homemades from the store
-I possibly will have a job at Wal-Mart(will have access to discount soakers)
-I will have fixed my CPS 2100 and XP 150
-I will contribute more content to the site
-I will remain an active member
-I will experiment more with modding on my smaller, cheaper soakers

Long live SSCentral

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:09 pm

At the moment, I need to repair and light-K mod my 2100 and repair my SC400. In the future I might see myself becoming more proficient with water warfare, building WB launchers and homemades, but I cannot be sure on this. One thing that is for sure is that I'll try to find old guns for better deals and do some basic mods on them. I might also explore navy warfare and have some fights over the lake if possible, as well as learning to set traps. To websites, I plan to stay around SSC and iSoaker, if I find other good sites, I'll probably join them.

To everything else:

Hasbro might make more gimmicky soakers, but seeing how badly the oozinator sold, I think they might turn a bit.

Buzz Bee will probably progressively make better guns while keeping the sizes small, etc.

Online homemade stores might appear.

Different and more water warfare gadgets, for example, a reusable targeting system. (like reusable soaker tags or something)

More hardcore users will make great guns and fight to the point where safety goggles of some sort would be a requirement. (i.e. paintball/airsoft)

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:01 am

Where I see the community in a year:

Where I see the soaker companies in a year:

Where I see myself in a year:
+ Continue to convince myself to finally build a homemade
+ Contribute as much as I can to Soakerdom and get on a bit more.
+ Visiting Japan
+ Begin collecting more swords, knives, weapons etc.

13lack-ace

Don't get me started

Post by 13lack-ace » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:31 am

One Year from now...

I will have
-79 DROP SHIPS (i hope)
-100 Marines (i hope)
-Over 789 water guns (i hope)
-45 mortars (already got)
-25 Tanks (accomplised 12/25)
-A special team known as something when i figure the name out(i hope)
-67 Heavy atillery(12/67)
-7 Bases(i hope)
-78 jeeps (5/78)
-Highly developed water rifles with scopes
-G36 AUTO water pistol
-25 Auto matic water bomb launcher (1-IN THE MAKING)
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:17 pm

^ Are you talking about a game or something? I thought this thread was only Soakerdom-related...

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:09 pm

It is. Also, it should be in the realm of the possible if I am not mistaken.

13lack-ace

:P tanks :P

Post by 13lack-ace » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:49 am

LOL, I was going to make it a highly developed water cannon :P :P :P but looking at plans not so easy ill make a change... 7 men with 14 CPS2000 :p :p :p
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:46 pm

I foresee interesting and promising times, if not for stock soakers, at least for the general developments of the online Soaker Site/Community network!

I also foresee some cleaning / serious re-org going on at iSoaker.com for next year.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::