2006 Soaker Season Plans

General water gun discussion.
Monsoon

2006 Soaker Season Plans

Post by Monsoon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:08 am

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been on in ages, but as spring nears, it's time for me to get active again. I wanted to know what everyone has planned (big wars, etc.) for this soaking year. I probably won't be doing as many wars this year (where I live the older you are, the less cool it gets) but I still buy at least one new soaker each year. So what's your plans?

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:21 am

Welcome back!

Here in Ridgewood, our season-opening war is this Friday, a night battle. Since you last visited, our local teams have more than doubled in membership and have engaged in an arms race. Friday's war is shaping up to be around 14v8 so far, definately one to follow. We have a friend who will film all of it. The battle will include the debut of 3 Douchenator water balloon launchers, as well as a bunch of new members. Compared to the old 4v4 wars of the past, this one will be epic.

But so far, I haven't heard of too many other organized wars planned to be held regularly in other locales.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:26 am

I was thinking of making my own small-time website related to soaking. But everyone's exhausted almost all of the ideas out there for a soaker site (e.g. mostly tech, mostly media, reviews, or forum-centered). I've given up on that right now, unless I can get my own following here in Stoney Creek, but I doubt it.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:07 am

Well for me, apart from maybe a few last purchases, I'm more or less finished with super soakers - I'm heading into the world of homemades.

Here in England PVC isn't as cheap as for you US inhabitants, so my builds will be quite few and far between, so I'm making sure that each one will be memorable and impressive.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am

I'm staying with my current weapons unless the kids in the neighbourhood start an arms race. It'll probably be another year of everyone versus me.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:32 pm

I think I'm going to have more opportunity to get some new soakers this year. There's a new Wal-Mart that opened near my house during the winter months. I want a Defender and a Flash Flood at least.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:03 am

Welcome back Monsoon!

My plans are about the same as always: get a water battle in every week or two, make some new water guns, and update Super Soaker Central eventually. Hopefully we'll be able to manage a few battles larger than last year's. I'm hoping to organize a larger battle here for local people only, possibly an assassins-style game.

It should be neat to see some more water fight videos this year. I always enjoyed watching those, but sadly I am in possession of no video equipment, so I could not make any of my own.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:33 am

I got this nice HP digital camera for christmas. It can take some really good videos that can directly be downloaded onto my PC. Plus it takes really sharp pictures. I could take videos with it.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:31 am

I've got access to a digital camera that will do video.

It's not a dedicated video camera, so I can't do a water fight video (and lack of editing software doesn't help), but I was planning on doing a series of short videos of either me or my twin using the Cerberus when I've made and tested it.

I'm sure that it might make interesting viewing.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:48 pm

I can also make a review of my SoakerTag Elite Triple Shot for this year. I was planning on picking up a Defender this year as well, so maybe I could review that too.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:24 pm

It's a fair point that the soaker community is only what we make it. The more we put in, the more we get out.

And it is always better to hear a review from more than one perspective. Stats don't really differ much, opinions of use do - so yes, go ahead with your reviews.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Of course, the only person on our team who didn't show up last night was the one who was going to film the battle. I did take 3 pictures after when most had gone home. I will import, compress, and post those in a few minutes:

[I'm 3rd from the left]

Last edited by DX on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!