trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:03 pm

There are only three limitations:

1. They cannot have already been built.
2. They must be able to be built by 2006
3. They have to be realistic.

OK. My two dream soakers:

1. The XCPS 1-3-5

This is similar to the CPS 1-3-5, but instead of having 5 nozzles, it has 5 rather thin and narrow cylindrical PCs. Pull the trigger slighly, you get the power of 1, pull more and get 3, and pull all the way to get all 5! More features include supercharger and Universal Nozzle.

2. The XCPS 5400

This is twice the soaker the 2700 is, hence its name. It looks similar to two 2700s stuck together, except that they're one. There would be two barrels, with Universal Nozzle controling both. The tank would be stretched horizontally, to more of a sideways ellipse than vertical. There would also be two cylindrical PCs and, of course, a supercharger.

A dream innovation:
*The Universal Nozzle*

This is based on the aperture of a camera, the part that shrinks and grows to control the amount of light entering. By simply moving a lever similar to that of the 1500 and 1700, you could choose any nozzle size from 1% to 100% (riot blast) of the water expelled.

Please post!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:22 pm

Originally posted by trekkie00@Oct 2 2004, 05:03 PM
There are only three limitations:

1. They cannot have already been built.
2. They must be able to be built by 2006
3. They have to be realistic.

OK. My two dream soakers:

1. The XCPS 1-3-5

This is similar to the CPS 1-3-5, but instead of having 5 nozzles, it has 5 rather thin and narrow cylindrical PCs. Pull the trigger slighly, you get the power of 1, pull more and get 3, and pull all the way to get all 5! More features include supercharger and Universal Nozzle.

2. The XCPS 5400

This is twice the soaker the 2700 is, hence its name. It looks similar to two 2700s stuck together, except that they're one. There would be two barrels, with Universal Nozzle controling both. The tank would be stretched horizontally, to more of a sideways ellipse than vertical. There would also be two cylindrical PCs and, of course, a supercharger.

A dream innovation:
*The Universal Nozzle*

This is based on the aperture of a camera, the part that shrinks and grows to control the amount of light entering. By simply moving a lever similar to that of the 1500 and 1700, you could choose any nozzle size from 1% to 100% (riot blast) of the water expelled.

Please post!
This "universal nozzle" is what I was talking about in one of my posts, It is called an iris.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:05 pm

When was that? I posted it at WWN and at ISC.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:08 pm

Oh, I thought I posted it on ssc, sorry. It was at http://www.water-talk.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=22

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:09 am

What happened to the last topic that was like this?
I don't check this forum anymore.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:27 am

How about this...

A CPS-25,000 Mk2 Helix Double Play Sneak Attack. It has a digital water pressure guage. Instead of using origional cps bladder it woud use two bladders. It would also have two water reservoirs that you could switch just like the xp triple play. Both of them ofcouse would have separate carrying straps. There would also be another pump besides the regular one. I Don't know if any of you have seen one of these, but instead of pumping many times it would take one long pump that presurizes a secret revoir, so that once you press the emergency trigger a secret 8.5x nozzle emits an emergency stream of water. The regular nozzle would be two 5x nozzles put together so as to make the helix design.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:43 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@Oct 2 2004, 09:09 PM
What happened to the last topic that was like this?
http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=417

The old topic was from way back in 2003. I'm not going to merge them.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:06 pm

New idea! Although this could cause some spray, it should cause extra lamination. However, it could be dangerous because the sharper the tip the more laminated the stream.

The water stream is represented by the blue "lines". To see the principal this works on, hold a spoon under the sink. Not only does the water flow around the spoon, it curves back around. When the water hits this object, it causes the same effect. It basically "curves" the water against itself, combining the streams at the tip for increased lamination.

Basically, by breaking up the stream, this forces the stream to become more laminated.

Please excuse the crude drawing. FYI, the water is able to go around the inward-facing triangle through gaps along the outside.

I can see the new soakers. A foot-long nozzle at the end! It would probably be longer than the soaker in some cases!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:07 am

The problem with this, as I see it is that the peice will cause a lot of friction, and slow down the stream. The result, a well laminated short range spew of water. At least... I think.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:09 am

Ahh, thanks Doom.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:04 am

Here's a new nozzle idea that might work.

Top is a normal nozzle. Bottom is my new nozzle idea. I've had it for several months actually, I guess it's time to tell someone about it. The top nozzle has to hit the end flat on, while the bottom one can move towards the nozzle much more... naturally I guess is the word. I'm hoping this type of nozzle (when very long) will help to improve stream lamination. I am yet to make one, I still have to get the materials and right type of drill.
Attachments
nozzle.gif
nozzle.gif (1.21 KiB) Viewed 1630 times

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:39 pm

Now that is a good idea!
I'm off to find a way to acomplish it!
BlueSoak.net

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:03 pm

The CPS 20X

A quick fillable long-range CPS soaker with a 4x & a 20X nozzle. Three large PCs set in behind the 8 inch long barrel, with a small detachable CPS mini-soaker about the size of an XP 220, which has a 2x nozzle, and is quick-filled. Oh yeah, bipod and heavy-duty strap, too.

EDIT: the mini- soaker is like a spashzooka. cps and quick-filled.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:17 pm

Too bad bipods rarely get used. I almost put an airsoft one on my monster but I decided that it didn't help that much. I found out by taping rulers on my gun and using it in combat.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:24 am

The only water weapon that ever needs a bipod is a water balloon launcher. And even that, with modern designs would prove difficult.
The Monster XL really didn't need one. I ripped mine off. (I wish I had remembered a thing called a screwdriver at the time, I was justed pissed at them). Problem with most things with bipods, you need to lay down, or have them resting on something to use. Thats a really bad idea with a heavy, low range weapon like the MXL.
BlueSoak.net