CPS 1200

General water gun discussion.
martianshark

CPS 1200

Post by martianshark » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I just found a NIB CPS 1200 at Goodwill! I'm dying to take it out and shoot it, but maybe it's worth a lot new. So what do you think a NIB CPS 1200 is worth? If it's a lot, I might want to sell it and buy a bigger gun. If it's not worth much more than normal, I'll just take it out and pwn at this year's water fight.

C-A_99

Re: CPS 1200

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 am

For reference: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... er+cps+new

No one's bidding on those however, as they have a very high base price.

The CPS series are generally reliable, so I think most people are unwilling to fork over even $10 or $20 more for NIB. Then again, things change rapidly and I could be wrong anyways.

By the way, the 1200 is quite beastly with a light k-mod. Mine gets ridiculous ranges (At least 50-55ft, hard to tell but it's one of the longest ranges I get, aside from my homemades and the super smooth conical nozzles I attach to them), but is unfortunately not that powerful. (i.e. it's still difficult to fight hoses, Monsters, and 2500's with.) I cannot however, recommend terribly drastic mods; I don't think they'll make that much of a difference, and they're risky.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 am

I'm convinced to open it up instead of going through the trouble of selling it - unless someone here wants to trade or something. How many balloons is light?

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:27 am

IIRC, if you don't need to disable the pressure relief valve, it's light.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Light and heavy are indeed generally determined by whether the PRV is removed. I prefer light which guarantees against accidents that can arise out of carelessness or out of lending the blaster.

I used somewhere around 30-40 balloons on mine. It's sort of a trial and error type of thing, as PRV's vary wildly, but I think the 1200's PRV is the best out of all medium CPS's (excluding the 1500 because I never touched one before and wouldn't know).

I would start with 35 balloons. From there, you can add or remove depending on how the PRV is behaving.

I should also make note of an issue with my 10k. The PRV behavior is very strange (I have 20 or so balloons on it, I forgot), where it starts making noises (thus activating) prematurely. However, if pumped slowly, the PRV does not make noise, but even when it does, the bladder continues to pressurize to a certain point. I would say that your 1200 is unlikely to experience this, but I'd like to put it out in case it happens anyway.

I almost never mod anything right ouf the box; I like to get a feel for the stock blaster before opening up but that's personal preference. The 1200 still performs excellently without a K-mod; better than any modern blaster, while a k-mod gives it a nice boost. (It won't turn it into a 2500 without going heavy but it's a nice boost anyway.)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

C-A_99 wrote: I almost never mod anything right ouf the box; I like to get a feel for the stock blaster before opening up but that's personal preference. The 1200 still performs excellently without a K-mod; better than any modern blaster, while a k-mod gives it a nice boost. (It won't turn it into a 2500 without going heavy but it's a nice boost anyway.)
I do that too. I usually don't mod anything until at least a month after owning it. I'm probably not going to mod it (at least not for a long time) since it's the most powerful gun I own, and it already beats everything else in my water wars.