The tank that supplies the water cannon holds about nine gallons
The compressed air is charged to 130 psi
The recoil impulse of the water discharge takes less than one-half second

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Specter

Re: Car-Mounted Water Blasting Cannons

Post by Specter » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:33 pm

sweet. Except the point is to simulate the car getting hit from the side, because it provides so much recoil. I don't think it would serve the purpose of a drive by soaking very well. haha. Still cool though.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Specter wrote:Except the point is to simulate the car getting hit from the side, because it provides so much recoil.
...that's what *THEY* want you to believe! :p Pics of engineers being both soaked and blaster back 50' were omitted! :p

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 pm

LOL.

The basic technology could be used for water warfare I guess. 9 gallons in half a second is awesome but mostly going to be wasted - you'd want a more sensible output and a longer shot time, and also some elevation for better range.

I remember Mythbusters made a huge water pump back in season 2, to test whether a scuba diver could be sucked up by a firefighting aircraft. As it was it hurled a load of water into the air; if they'd put a nozzle on the outflow, it would have been godly.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Cool thing. I only skimmed the link, but it does look interesting. I think its only OK safe, because the recoil is like a wreck. It also seems like losing 9 gallons in half a second in ridiculous, besides the power. I would make it less powerful, and having PC of some sort.
Still cool, though.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Solscud007

Post by Solscud007 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:32 pm

My best friend and I were stupid when we were young back in the mid 90s. I used my CPS 2000 for drive by prank water shooting. We would shoot kids our age. While fun at the time it was a very poor lack of judgement. we shot at a car and he got mad. chased us thru the neighborhood. very dangerous. DO NOT do this.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Some psychos will pull out real guns for a plastic toy. Others will call the police. It's a sad world we live in these days; I'd imagine very few "grown-ups" would bother to soak back. (it's not that hard though, if you have so much as a water bottle lying around to retaliate against the unsuspecting soak-attack...)

Solscud007

Post by Solscud007 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 pm

These are different times we live in. there are a ton of toy guns i played with in the 90's that you jsut couldnt play with outside today without someone calling the cops and freaking out.