Forced to train Neighbors 5 dogs !

General water gun discussion.
Bubba-Jet

Forced to train Neighbors 5 dogs !

Post by Bubba-Jet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:49 pm

I am in need of a Water blaster design with capabilities of 100'. any Ideas? I am at my wits end and can't take anymore of the constant barking. I addressed the owner about it and she doesnt have a clue of how much it upsets the neighborhood.I have a 150PSI Air compressor and possess mechanical skills.

cantab

Re: Forced to train Neighbors 5 dogs !

Post by cantab » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Firstly, you would be far better off contacting a lawyer. Dogs are the responsibility of their owners, and causing a noise nuisance is an offence. Were you to start using such a device against any animal, you could well find yourself seriously on the wrong side of the law.

Secondly, no-one's made a water blaster that can shoot 100 foot. The record is 80, held by Russian Supercannon II.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:15 pm

I agree with cantab. Get a lawyer involved if they haven't been responsive to your concerns. If a substantial part of your neighborhood is angry and your part of a HOA (homeowners' association) you might want to take it up with them too.

Water guns are not good for things like this and it would be difficult to make one to the specs you're asking for. The closest thing would be a powerful water pump. I've seen some shoot more than 90 feet without difficulty. But, that's expensive and you'd likely hurt the dogs. I can't and do not recommend using water guns in this situation.

bushman

Post by bushman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:48 am

Well a lawyer would cost to much for a neighborhood dispute. Call the police and have them make a report of the madder, and try to get other neighbors involved and after a while she will be forced to put a stop to the barking.
z0mg, I has water gun.