What's the latest?

General water gun discussion.
Chewie

What's the latest?

Post by Chewie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 pm

A new summer season is upon us, are there any new innavations in hydraulic weaponry that are worth buying? I havn't seen/heard much that I was interested in.

SSCBen

Re: What's the latest?

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:48 pm

2008's water guns aren't substantially different from 2007's. Super Soaker had a few new water guns. Water Warriors had a few more and change a few minor things in their other water guns. Nothing sticks out in my mind as "innovation" though unless you count the Bottle Shot as innovative. The Bottle Shot sadly doesn't meet your criteria because I don't think it's worth buying.

Any innovations that are worth obtaining sadly are only in the arena of homemade weaponry at the moment. I keep hoping that someone will eventually build a water gun designed for an older audience but it hasn't happened yet.

Drenchenator

Re: What's the latest?

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 am

2008 was a very disappointing year. Nothing really new from either manufacturer, though each one offers at least something decent--the Orca from Buzz Bee Toys; the Arctic Blast from Hasbro. Buzz Bee at least fixed the reservoir cap in the Orca though for this year, which may count as something new and innovative.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.