How do you make a water mine?

General water gun discussion.
enforcerxunion

How do you make a water mine?

Post by enforcerxunion » Mon May 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Hey I'm new and I was wandering how you make a water mine ?
I'm hosting a watergun fight in my neighborhood for practice and I was wandering how to make one. If anyone knows how to make one can you tell me how ?

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 08, 2006 9:48 pm

The most effective, yet most difficult, is to fill a large garbage bag with water and stick it in a very deep hole. Then cover the hole with a thin layer of leaves/dirt. However, you can't make such a big hole in someone's backyard, and in the woods it would take a lot of effort.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

enforcerxunion

oh

Post by enforcerxunion » Mon May 08, 2006 9:59 pm

Oh any ones for a neighborhood knockout?
'In the end, when it all comes down to it I will win'

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 08, 2006 11:43 pm

Depends on your rules, if any. Local rules here ony count a hit to the shirt, so my team doesn't bother making any mines. However, if you're just playing a casual soakfest, you could try the above ^ on a smaller scale. Like filling a small plastic bag with water and hiding it on the ground covered with leaves/dirt. Some people use a water bottle with a hole in the side, so when someone steps on it, the water comes out in a small stream.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 13, 2006 6:27 pm

Water mines are very ineffective as soaking methods. Duxburian and I prefer ambushes, as they are also more flexible than mines (human intelligence > inanimate mine).

Check out "The booby trap thread" if you're truly interested, though they just seem to be a waste of time.

I don't think Duxburian's plastic bag idea will be that effective, primarily due to the fact that absolutely no pressure can be held within, and there won't be any stream of water. When will somebody invent the sprinkler trap?!

enforcerxunion

Post by enforcerxunion » Sun May 14, 2006 1:19 am

I also like ambushes better. I just never knew how you could create one. Ambushes are about my favorite thing in a water gun fight. Also being a sniper/spy type is my other favorite.
'In the end, when it all comes down to it I will win'

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 3:56 am

enforcerxunion wrote:I also like ambushes better. I just never knew how you could create one. Ambushes are about my favorite thing in a water gun fight. Also being a sniper/spy type is my other favorite.
When you say, "I just never knew how you could create one," do you mean how you would create a mine? Duxburian has a nice article in the "Water fights" subforum and at other forum sites that talks about a few different ambushes, and they seem quite effective.

My favorite thing in water gun fights is the use of superior range and velocity to hose down your opponents while they still (want to) come at you (but are really running away).

Sniper and spy types are simply impossible. While I did state the possibility of superior range (and velocity), such assassination attempts can really only work with soakers that have two or three times a homemade's range. You've got to have the distance and time to drop all your enemies before they can get to you. Range weapons can also give you great results in simple battles.