Spider-Man soaker review

General water gun discussion.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:12 pm

I made a review for the spider-man soaker, and the e-mail thing worked, I think.

Well, if the e-mail didn't work, here it is(the exact e-mail):

"Yo, this is Vaporizer28 on the forums, and I'm reviewing the Spider-Man Soaker.

Pros:Strap, large reservoir, pressure gauge, long range, pump is useable as an extra weapon(more on that later), lightweight for its size.

Cons:Tiny nozzle(1.5X), front tracked pump does nothing, back mounted pump gets in the way when aiming, pressurized reservoir, reservoir caps leak. Not really worth the price.

I got this soaker for my birthday, and it has to be one of my best. It has a pressure gauge located near the trigger on the left, making it easy to see. Its colors are pretty decent, at red and blue.(It's supposed to look like spider-man, anyway) It carries plenty of water for its output, which is about 1.5X. When fully pumped(it has no check valve), it shoots its tiny stream about 40 feet at a 30 degree angle. I use this as a suppressing fire weapon because it is light, fires for about 30 seconds, and has great range, making it a good weapon for pinning down a small group of enemies. Also, it has a strap. I would recommend this soaker for a HWO's bodyguard to pin down any enemies while the HWO pumps his soaker(s). A good backup for this gun would be another small gun with good range, like a MD5K. Oh yeah, if you're out of water with the main gun, and near a bucket, unscrew the back pump and voila! It looks like a mini Stream Machine. Use it as such.

Now, for the cons. Its nozzle is tiny. 1.5X ain't going to soak anyone very quick, but its long shot time and small drop-off make up for that. The tracked pump on the front is not used to pressurize the soaker in any way, but is useable as a uni-pod, or a handgrip. The back pump gets in the way when trying to snipe because: 1.it spins, making it a major annoyance, but I flip it horizontal to set it on my shoulder. 2. It is not the easiest thing to pump between shots. There is a hand grip at the front in front of the pressure gauge, and I hold that while pumping. It is pressurized reservoir. This thing carries about 2 liters of water, and it takes about 45 seconds to fully pressurize, and about 50 pumps. lastly, the reservoir cap that the box indicates to use to fill it leaks more than an XP 70, but you can easily epoxy it up and unscrew the pump to fill it. The pricetag on this freak is a big $30.00. I don't really think that it is worth that. Maybe $20, but not $30.

Overall, I'd give this gun a 6/10. I would recommend it to a sniper or a HWO's bodyguard. Be sure to have a light Max-D(MD5K or smaller) as a sidearm. Soak on!"

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:54 am

The email worked. Twice in fact. If you send it by email, please don't post it here unless you don't get a reply. We'll reply to every submission we recieve and we'll reply to most every email we recieve as well.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:02 pm

Can anyone give me a link to see the spiderman super soaker? I can't find one.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:34 pm

The Spider-Man soaker

^^^^^It's in there. I don't exactly think it's worth the $30 price tag, though. <_< It's shot time is very long, and drop-off is almost nonexistant for the first 20 seconds.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:56 pm

I think this is a more reasonable price than $20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 14316&rd=1

$0.99. cheap, but brutal shipping.