Stocking Issues?

General water gun discussion.
Monsoon

Stocking Issues?

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:17 pm

I've noticed this year that a lot of toy stores and other stores which usually carry WW and SS blasters are rather low on stock for this time of year, which I find really odd. Could it be that Hasbro (I find SS much more rare than WW blasters) is having shipping and/or production issues? iSoaker said himself on his forums at one point that he hasn't seen a SS Hydroblitz in stores yet. The only SS blasters I've seen this year are the Secret Strike and the Sneak Attack, and there were only four of each. Might be only happening in Canada, but is anyone else finding this too?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:14 am

Not me, and I live in Canada. You're probably right.
Soak On!

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:34 am

So far, I've seen just about every 2007 gun, and that's only having looked in three stores [TRU, Wal*Mart and Kmart]. Then again, this is an extremely high-priority area for consumer goods, so I'm not surprised.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:44 am

I've seen all of the SS line at Target, but recently it seems they stopped carrying the Hydroblitz (shelf space taken by other guns, tag lying on top of boxes). I haven't seen any of the new WW guns, but I've only been to Target and Walmart, I don't have much of a reason to go to TRU.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I just went to another store today (Zellers-basically a Canadian Wal Mart type store) and I hardly saw ANYTHING. This is beginning to alarm me. All I saw was two packs of WW squirt guns. What's going on here...

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I checked TRU and they have every single 2007 SS there. HB AB SS SA TS S3.
Soak On!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:59 pm

I still find that annoyingly inconveinient....why should I have to drive all the way to Toys'R'Us and pay a rediculous amount for a plastic water shooting device? And it's not even like I live in an obscured small-town area either...I live in one of the biggist cities in Canada! (which is still tiny compared to cities in the US :p ). Oh well, there's always Buz Bee blasters

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:00 pm

Yes. Buzzbee guns are not bad. They are actually better than most Super Soakers. So get as many of the good ones as you can before the same thing happens to you again.
Soak On!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:05 pm

Yeah, it seems that there is an overstock of Buzz Bee blasters now. I liked the Blazer...but they don't make that anymore. I saw a blaster two pack with the lightning (smaller version of the blazer with one bladder instead of two). I might get that this year if I continue to have troubles with SS blasters.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Get the Lightning. The Blazer, Lightning, Pirahna, Tiger Shark, and the Orca are all great guns.
Soak On!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:22 pm

I went to yet another store yesterday only to find that the Sneak Attack and Secret Strike were the only blasters being sold again. I guess they have an anti-CPS policy going on right now.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:50 am

That sucks. I think you should make a call to Hasbro or Buzzbee to see what's going on around your area.
Soak On!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:16 pm

I've finally found the whole Super Soaker line at Toys r Us, and holy moly the hydroblitz is humungous!! I want it so bad! And I caught that spelling mistake on the arctic blast's sticker, it makes it look unprofessional. Anyway, I'm probably going to end up buying one of the two soakers by summer's end :cool: I wonder why none of the other stores I've been to carries either of them? Especially the arctic blaster because its small and doesn't take up much shelf space.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Monsoon wrote:I've finally found the whole Super Soaker line at Toys r Us, and holy moly the hydroblitz is humungous! I want it so bad! And I caught that spelling mistake on the arctic blast's sticker, it makes it look unprofessional. Anyway, I'm probably going to end up buying one of the two soakers by summer's end :cool: I wonder why none of the other stores I've been to carries either of them? Especially the arctic blaster because its small and doesn't take up much shelf space.
Yea, we all know the HB is huge. I would suggest the AB for this year's soaker.
Soak On!