New Kid

General water gun discussion.
olderkid

New Kid

Post by olderkid » Sat May 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello to all. Found this site while I was looking for plans to build a water cannon. I'll start at the beginning. I live on a lake in upper Minnesota. We have a boat parade every 4th of July. A few years ago I ( 59 ) decided to take along some water ballons. We had the kids and beginning along. When the parade was over I pulled out the pirate flag, put on the hat, turned the pontoon around and attacked our dearest friends. It was a blast. That started it. We now have people launching ballons from shore, launching from boats and pontoons, jet ski's have passengers with soakers, etc... Some even have cardboard armor I created a war zone. I need to top passengers this year. Hoping I can find a few plans for my dream cannon. What I want is a device that will launch a massive amount of water, not a heavy duty stream, like a wave if you get my drift. I what to soak an area not just a person. Or be able to have a wide stream of water. I know it will have to be pressurized. I have a dc compressor.Or maybe a pump under the pontoon. Like a fire hose? Any ideas, older threads, pictures, sites, etc... Thanks John :D

zeda.beta

Re: New Kid

Post by zeda.beta » Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Here is a river cannon made from a pump, and it looks like it gets distance and soakage. But you would have to find the pump on ebay.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:53 am

Do you need sustained fire or not? A gasoline trash compactor is one of the few things that would work if you do.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

MOARC is the ultimate river cannon, but it will cost a lot of money. A slightly smaller SuperCannon II might work for you, especially if it has some sort of giant fan nozzle, but you could only fire it once and then you would have to go to shore and reload it, which takes a while to do.