Best Water Warrior

General water gun discussion.
cantab

Best Water Warrior

Post by cantab » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Hot on the heels of the Best Super Soaker, it's the Best Water Warrior 'poll'.

There are way too many Water Warriors, so it's not a real poll. Post your vote. Explanations are welcome but not required.

Listings of the range can be found here on iSoaker and also grouped by series (also on iSoaker, maybe incomplete).

My vote is for the Sting Ray. A surprising choice you may think, but it packs good performance for its compact size. Performance is boosted by the simplest of mods: filing away the nubs so the cap can be tightened more, boosting pressure since the cap acts as the PRV. In many games of Capture The Flag I wielded only the Sting Ray, its compactness meaning I had the speed to make a successful flag capture, while its power could hold off the larger air-pressure weapons. And unlike many of Hasbro's offerings, its reliability is impeccable.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Re: Best Water Warrior

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I would have to either go with the Vindicator, the Equalizer, or the Steady Stream. The vindicator is a solid CPS gun, one of the few that we have seen in recent years. The Equalizer bests all of Hasbro's pressurized resivouir guns, and has a great shot time. The Steady Stream is really nice to use, and has a smooth pump and decent output, plus is can fire continuously.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 pm

I have always loved the Hornets. I got a 2-pack like 3 years ago, and both still work perfectly. they are really compact, but they pack surprising power. I have had great duels with those.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:09 am

Vindicator all the way! This thing kills everything else out there and will compete with "true" CPS! And it has many nozzles and a 3l capacity.

Second, Renegade. Decent power, nice range, and 3 nozzles. Just wish it had a higher chamber capacity, though.

Third, Expedition. Just a little bit better than the Blazer, I'd say, yet they are about the same.

These are My favs. I wonder how great the Vanquisher will be...
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am

I've never had the chance to shoot the Vindicator unfortunately :-( The biggest Water Warriors I have are the Pulse Master, which is powerful but has short shot time, and the Tiger Shark, which I have a bugged model of, hampering its performance
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 pm

My best WW would be the Orca or Tiger Shark. I don't doubt that the Vindicator has the best performance though, and since it uses a proper CPS system, it can be power-modded which can potentially put it at the level of medium or even close to high end CPS's.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:08 am

Well, how is everyone doing? Has been awhile... a year or two I think.

I assume it would be the Expedition or Vindicator. Both under -achievements, considering they had 7 years to improve on the original Blazer since the 2003-04 concept. Good thing for Big Bee that SuperSoaker has the innovation and ingenuity of a worn out sock on a Saturday night. His paychecks must be writing themselves.

ncog

Post by ncog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 pm

In terms of...

Power:
Vindicator (great range and output on its largest nozzle, on par/better than any small CPS such as the 1000)

Use:
Pulse Blaster mk2 (just so versitile and perfect, I've already ranted about this gun in several other threads....)

Worthy Mentions:
Shark (excellent piston gun, outclasses nearly any SS piston gun and is under half their price...pity about the leaky reservoir cap)

Equilizer (great range and output for a PR soaker, nice and compact too)

Pulse Master (excellent range and a nice change of style to the regular large-PC soaker. Intuitive nozzle selector, the hand grip doesn't seem long enough though...)

Sting Ray (good power to size ratio, pocket sized and acceptable range)

Barracuda (the new ideal sidearm, strong steam, good shot time and range)

Potential:
Vanquisher (haven't got one but has exciting potential for nozzle drilling, considering its massive PC)