Arm Friendly Water Gun

General water gun discussion.
gilad50303

Arm Friendly Water Gun

Post by gilad50303 » Sun May 21, 2006 7:30 pm

What is a water gun that either does doesn't require pumping or needs very little pumping. I hate having to pump those things, I used to have a splashzooka but it was totally broken, can I obtain one somehow?

Also, due to the aquapack on the new soakers, do they require pumping?

Right now I have an Arctic Shock, and it maintains no pressure and kills my arm, does it do this to everyone?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 7:41 pm

First of all, the title of this thread shouldn't be, "Army Friendly Water Gun"--it should read, "Arm Friendly Water Gun."

There have been (too) many recent threads concerning the buying of soakers, especially SC ones that use QFDs instead of pumps. These QFD-only soakers (Power Pak, Big Trouble, Splashzooka) sell for very high prices on eBay, and they can only be filled using a hose that has an attached QFD--you're better off with a QFD-capable weapon, which can fill from anything--and you can also overpump QFD-capable weapons to get better range, output, etc.

None of the newer soakers--the Aquapack Devastator, the Max Infusion backpack-capable soakers, or whatever else you might have meant--use QFDs. The Arctic Shock doesn't maintain pressure (and thus the range and output) because it doesn't use CPS technology--it uses air pressure--so you do experience dropoff. Several newer models, especially from Hasbro, are returning to CPS, but they lack the power of the original CPS lines. And yes, all guns that use pumps can tire out your arms with extended use, so weight training is the best alternative.

I'm pretty sure homemade versions of the Power Pak have been discussed, and I'm thinking about one now, but there are no commercial alternatives except for expensive, used ones off of eBay.

gilad50303

Post by gilad50303 » Sun May 21, 2006 8:02 pm

How was the CPS 2500, the CPS 5000? Would I not have to pump much with those?

Also how is the Max Infusion Flash Flood one because it is CPS.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 8:11 pm

Are you getting information from that one eBay auctioner who has a CPS 2500, a CPS 3000, and a CPS 5000? All three are completely illegitimate, and there was never any copyrighted CPS 5000. The CPS 2500 is a somewhat tamed but still powerful version of the legendary CPS 2000 (the 2500 has a nozzle selector, though, for conserving water), and there is no way you'd be saved pumping at all using that. No way at all.

The Max Infusion Flash Flood is an average recent Super Soaker, as it's definitely better than the Arctic Shock. However, the Aquapack Devastator, the Max Infusions, and all the Buzz Bee Toys models are probably better buys.

gilad50303

Post by gilad50303 » Sun May 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Wow I never knew about Buzz Bee. How are their guns like the argon xenon krypton. They're supposed to not need a lot of pumping. Are they powerful?
I am really interested in hte xenon is it good?>

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 9:10 pm

Apparently, the discussion of the Xenon will continue in the "Buzz Bee Xenon" thread.

Some moderator changed the thread name...thanks.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:27 am

Last night i almost made a bid on a splashzooka but said no stay with home mades here is link to the bid http://cgi.ebay.com/CPS-SplashZooka-65o ... dZViewItem $16.00 good deal also. ;)

Cyber_Gun

Post by Cyber_Gun » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:22 am

Well first of all I could care less about pumping if you get a good shot. My brother has an Artic shock that he just got today and it is pretty decent. I really like that ice cold feature. Unless of course he shoots me with it. It is a decent gun and as for finding a splash zooka I want one to. I have really been wanting one forever. My brother did have and electric gun but it was horrible and shot 10 feet. It also took 4 AA and ran down so fast. I suggest finding a splahzooka but of course I am relitively new to the super soaking.

funnyman2006

Splashzooka

Post by funnyman2006 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:14 am

The Splashzooka on Ebay is only up to like $20 and that is a awesome deal, I would buy it but I already have one. :D