Back Pack Gun

General water gun discussion.
ben jacobs

Back Pack Gun

Post by ben jacobs » Fri May 05, 2006 8:18 am

Hi there, I am in the UK and would like to buy a powerful gun that can hold loads of water. I don't mind having a backpack as it will only be used when I am not running around. Which are the best models for this and how much do they cost?
Regards, Ben

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri May 05, 2006 8:31 am

Hi Ben, welcome to SSCentral!

Probably the most highly regarded backpack guns are the CPS 3000 and CPS 3200. These have large nozzles and are CPS powered, if you hadn't guessed. :p

The SC Power Pak is also considered to be good - it is also CPS-based and has good power. The only problem is that you can't fill it the normal way, you have to use the supplied Quick Fill Device, which does have the advantage of not requiring you to pump.

Those guns will be hard to find and you'll have to expect to pay a little over the odds for them here in the UK. It might be easier to find an Aquapack Devastator from last year or this year's Max Infusion Overload (I hope I've got that right), although the power won't be up to the same level as the older ones.

Hope that helps!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 3:24 pm

May we call you BJ, or something similar? Unfortunately, "Ben" is already in use by a very member here at SSC...

As Spinner said, the CPS 3000 and the CPS 3200 are great guns. However, do you plan to move around with your gun but without the backpack? If you wanted to do that, the Max Infusion Defender is really the only good choice, because it can be used with a separate backpack while having its own reservoir. Otherwise, the CPS 3000, the CPS 3200, and the Power Pak/Big Trouble (the smaller version of the Power Pak, released a year later) are good options. The Power Pak and Big Trouble would be very good if you're not moving around because you can stand right next a hose and QFD, if possible. Then again, however, you might as well use the hose :D .

Assuming you can't get the CPS 3000/3200 or the Power Pak/Big Trouble because of age/rarity or the price, the Aquapack Devastator and Max Infusion Overload are good choices. You could still get the Defender if you wanted to (the separate backpack + the onboard reservoir = the Overload's backpack), but it depends on where you want the weight. In my mind, the Defender's performance is a bit better than that of the overload--but there's no justification for that.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 05, 2006 3:36 pm

He said he wouldn't mind using a backpack. The Overload and APD aren't worth much compared to the powerful CPS 3000 and CPS 3200. But some alternatives to backpack weapons would be the CPS 1500 and CPS 1700, and the CPS 2500. The only place you'll find a CPS-series blaster is on eBay, and for a considerable price, as well. But you'll own the soakers currently made. If you want to know, the Overload and APD are primitive compared to the CPS 1500/1700/2500, and none of those three even have backpacks.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 3:46 pm

Of course CPS blasters can literally destroy anything currently on the market. I only suggested the MI Defender, the MI Overload, the APD, and others due to their availability. I would take any CPS anyday.

However, it is good to make sure BJ knows the advantages of CPS (and the Power Pak/Big Trouble). Also, if you (BJ) are interested in the CPS QFD abilities of the Power Pak/Big Trouble, then you could consider the Splashzooka. It doesn't have a backpack, but the idea is the same--the hose pressurizes a huge PC. The Splashzooka is designed to look and feel like a bazooka, as per the name, and is very cool indeed--but more importantly, you hold it like a bazooka and let most of the weight rest right on your shoulder. Of course, I wouldn't really want to run around with it...

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri May 05, 2006 4:39 pm

The problem with the Splashzooka is that it's probably even harder to find in the UK than the 3000/3200/Power Pak/Big Trouble, and it doesn't have the same intimidation as a backpack gun would have. From what I've heard, it's still worth having, though, if you can find it.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 5:14 pm

Many people complain about the weight of the Splashzooka, but I don't see why that's a problem--it should be obvious that the back of the cannon rests upon your shoulder. It is a really nice weapon, I believe, although the backpack SuperChargers (SCs) are probably a bit more practical. At any rate, if you see one for a nice price, just pick it up--it will be an excellent addition to your arsenal.

ben jacobs

Post by ben jacobs » Fri May 05, 2006 5:28 pm

To be honest guys it is for shooting people out of the window of my car with my friends.
At least I am honest!
That is why I need a storage thing for loads of water and a lot of power!
Any ideas of best models?

Cheers!

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 5:34 pm

I don't see why anybody would want to do that...but anyway...

Basically any weapon will do, but you might want something with enough velocity to require less leading of your target. Homemades, of course, are the best choice; otherwise, you will definately want CPS power. It doesn't sound like you need to pay extra for that, so the APD looks to be a good option--it's got CPS and it has a backpack, it has good range, and it shouldn't be too expensive. Alternatively, you could do a backpack-type mod on a regular weapon that uses CPS--just make sure the backpack is elevated above the soaker, such as that platform behind the rear headrests.

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 pm

Keep in mind that homemades have to be either large or have one heck of a pc in order to have stream velocity faster than a modded gun. A modified CPS gun can has the fastest stream velocity relative to what you have to do to achieve it. And you don't have to so much work at all. It can take only 10 minute's worth of modding to double the speed of one.

You might want to consider making a water launcher for these drive-by soakings. With one, you would not have to worry about missing the target. You'd hit everything within the wide stream's path and soak every inch of multiple people in a fraction of a second.

In a car, you might want a large water jug instead of a backpack; in a car you have plenty of time to refill and should have the most water available. Water jugs are huge.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 6:48 pm

Modded CPS soakers probably do have the greatest velocity, but once again, that assumes you can get hold of one. Otherwise, use a CPH--they will give maximum output and velocity throughout a long shot, which is absolutely neccessary.

Yet another use for the up-and-coming WLs! Yes, this is a perfect use for them--assuming you're doing drive-bys on a group of people, and assuming you're going at a decent speed, a WL will be quite effective. Imagine that you're just walking along, a car passes, and an entire wave of water travelling at incredible velocity pours over you. Now that's a drive-by. Of course, we're assuming you're going to do this without malicious intent and only at friends, not strangers--I wouldn't approve of this if your targets are not going to take this in stride. Just make sure whatever you're doing is legal.

Thanks, Duxburian--I meant to say that you could do an expansion mod that used a huge water container, not a backpack mod. Transportation of the water isn't a problem in cars.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri May 05, 2006 10:36 pm

ben jacobs wrote:To be honest guys it is for shooting people out of the window of my car with my friends.
At least I am honest!
That is why I need a storage thing for loads of water and a lot of power!
Any ideas of best models?

Cheers!

I would advice not to do that since that would legaly be assault(at least here in north america which can end up in court) unless the people you shoot already agreed to be shot at.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 05, 2006 11:26 pm

I'm sure he does not shoot at people who would actually report the incident--and if he does, that's really just his (and his victims') problem. However, I am not going to contribute to a project that is solely intended for causing trouble.

I don't know if it's that big a crime (at least you're allowed to shoot others in malls and such, according to war stories), but it could still cause concern. Just remember to exercise common sense and you'll be fine.