FINAL DATE for 1st Regional War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.

You are now selecting the final date for @Ridgewood 05-choose wisely!

July 9-10
56%
July 30-31
44%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 16

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:36 am

Time for a run-off of the 2 most voted for dates. July 9-10 and July 30-31 netted the most votes, so now choose among those two. "Other" is always an option if you don't like either, just explain why you chose whatever date you did. This poll will remain open for as long as it takes for those involved to cast their votes. Please do not vote if you have no intention/100% can't come to [at]Ridgewood 05, this is for ONLY those who might/will be able to come.
<EDIT> I'm worried about the 9th-10th, both Beli's and my schedules look bad for that weekend, so I voted for the 30th-31st.

SOAK ON! B)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:24 am

Eh, 30-31. But to tell you all the truth I really Don't care. I can make both dates.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:48 pm

9th-10th, no doubt.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

USSA

Post by USSA » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:04 am

30-31st would be a bit easier but I can go either way.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:48 pm

I really don't think the 9th-10th would work PERIOD for me. I have a weeks worth of camping to prep for, and that takes a while. I voted 30-31 or whatever the later date is because otherwise u guys have to do it without me. Once we get the date though we can finally hammer out the exact details for the battles and so forth.
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:49 pm

How about we have two battles? That way people with different schedules still could come. Or would that be too complicated?

DX

Post by DX » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:11 pm

I'm not sure. We might be able to do two dates, the only problem is either way, Nibordude will be the only local on the 9th-10th. Belisaurius and I will most likely be gone that weekend.

USSA

Post by USSA » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:30 pm

Two battles means less urgency... if that occurs the people who can go to either occasion will only go to the second one.

THough for me 2 would be a good thing (as I can probably go to both) it would probably decrease overall turnout.

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:44 pm

I would go but Iam not going to buy plane tickets to NJ for a Super Soaker fight ;)
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:11 am

I would go but Iam not going to buy plane tickets to NJ for a Super Soaker fight
You could start a war in your region if you can get enough people interested. B)

Anyway, 7-7 a perfect split! I still think 1 date would be better than 2, I don't think Nibordude wants to be the only Ridgewoodian in town for the battle! So vote 9th-10th if you don't mind only having him hosting, or vote 30th-31th when I, Beli, and Nibor will all be present.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:31 am

The war is still quite a ways away. So we might want to consider other possible dates? I'm not sure.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:37 am

Nine to seven, 9-10th up two.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 pm

This isn't going to work too well. The whole weekend of the 9-10 I will definately be unavailable, and without me there is no link to waterbridge. that means half the troops will remain unrallied. Guderian does not actively participate in any of the communities, and since he would have to run the waterbridge side he needs this info. I seriously think this will take all 4 commanders to pull off. all of you coming to ridgewood, battling with nibordude and maybe some of the cfm wouldn't be half as fun as you all, waterbridge, the cfm, and the 4 commanders.

speaking of the commanders, if we don't fight against each other then perhaps we can be the tempest squadron? Hey, that's funny.. why not.... we're the 4 uber leet members....

skirmishes will have team changes at regular intervals. the battle would have a set number of live, decided either by waterbridge or cfm guidelines. we have a working set of rules on hydrotactics that could probably be agreeable. the battle could divide along cfm/waterbridge lines with random assignments for the guests, or we could draw up new teams entirely from scratch.

Hey, that's funny. I know how I want this to work, but the cfm is hosting. dux? what do you think.

o0o and I've been talking with m4, he's a senior this summer and graduates in june, and he says he wants to come to this which would be awesome... we'll see. get me data!

I would rather have two battles then miss the battle.
Victory to Unit 1!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:30 pm

You guys are forgetting all about Kommander Kloud.
He's coming to town for RW05. Nothin's stoppin' me!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:54 pm

This isn't going to work too well. The whole weekend of the 9-10 I will definately be unavailable, and without me there is no link to waterbridge. that means half the troops will remain unrallied. Guderian does not actively participate in any of the communities, and since he would have to run the waterbridge side he needs this info. I seriously think this will take all 4 commanders to pull off. all of you coming to ridgewood, battling with nibordude and maybe some of the cfm wouldn't be half as fun as you all, waterbridge, the cfm, and the 4 commanders.

speaking of the commanders, if we don't fight against each other then perhaps we can be the tempest squadron? Hey, that's funny.. why not.... we're the 4 uber leet members....

skirmishes will have team changes at regular intervals. the battle would have a set number of live, decided either by waterbridge or cfm guidelines. we have a working set of rules on hydrotactics that could probably be agreeable. the battle could divide along cfm/waterbridge lines with random assignments for the guests, or we could draw up new teams entirely from scratch.

Hey, that's funny. I know how I want this to work, but the cfm is hosting. dux? what do you think.

o0o and I've been talking with m4, he's a senior this summer and graduates in june, and he says he wants to come to this which would be awesome... we'll see. get me data!

I would rather have two battles then miss the battle.
We do need the 4 commanders for this to work. I think the Hydrotactics rules would work, just with a few minor revisions like maybe 3 or 5 lives and for safety no use of compressed air WBL's. I think we should make use of all 3 battlefields, and switch teams at least once at each. Nibor, Beli, myself, Guderian, M4, Doom, and Jade vs All! :Hey, that's funny.: No, we will try to make the teams as fair as possible and rotate the people so you get to battle with/against pretty much everyone. If you have something you want to show the group, like a new homemade or mod, then by all means bring it. And also the date is not etched in stone. Just because one date has more votes doesn't mean that it will necessarily be the chosen date. If the leading date will cause problems, especially among the in-towners, then it will be switched. B)