Vindicator --or-- Flash Flood --or-- Arctic Blast

General water gun discussion.
KINGx67

Vindicator --or-- Flash Flood --or-- Arctic Blast

Post by KINGx67 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:55 pm

OK, so which is best? I'm only going to buy one.

soakernerd

Re: Vindicator --or-- Flash Flood --or-- Arctic Blast

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Vindicator. If the Vanquisher is available, get that instead. either way, don't get the FF. If you like the riot blast, drill out the fan on the vindicator, but do a lousy job. there will be no lamination, and it will work better than the FF

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 pm

The Flash flood and arctic blast are the same concept, but the flash flood is executed better. I would pick a Flash Flood for smaller fights, and a vindicator if I needed big shot time and long endurance.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

The Vindicator is defintitely better, but like soakernerd said, the vanquisher is even better and if you want a riot blast, drill out the fan blast and you'll have a much more awesome riot blast.

The Vanquisher is better than the Vindicator, which is better than the Flash Flood, which is better than the Arctic Blast.
Last edited by martianshark on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 pm

1. Vindicator, 'nuff said.

2. Why is the Vanquisher better than the Vindicator?
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm

15 sec shot time on a 3x nozzle.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Easily Vindicator, unless you want shorter shot times or smaller size. The Vindicator has better shot times and higher outputs with good range. Actually, I don't know if the Vanquisher is better unless you use a better selector.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm guessing that the FF has a higher power to size ratio (haven't used either the Vanquisher nor Vindicator so I can't say for sure), but its capacity and pump volume just isn't up to do most jobs. It was only designed for compact, close quarters encounters and not for longer-term use on the field.

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Yes, 15 sec shot time is good but BBT blew it on the nozzle selector.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Not really. for OHK, a 3x stream will still count as a kill.
for a soakfest, the shot time gives you an advantage. It would still be better to have a good nozzle selector (building one is a project for me over spring break).

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 pm

I haven't used the WW guns but I will say that the FF is the best gun Hasbro produced IMO. It's extremely comfortable and well balanced to hold. Doesn't take many pumps to charge, normal stream is thin but fairly good range, and the riot blast is a blast to use in close quarters.

Love the big guns, but I really enjoy powerful smaller guns that offer much greater mobility...so it depends on your style an tactics.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 am

Kimura wrote:the FF is the best gun Hasbro produced IMO.
unfortunately, that's not saying much.
I have not used the FF, but I have seen it in action. While the flood is fun, after one shot you need to retreat.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:31 pm

The FF is more of a specialty weapon and is better for soakfests. It could also work as a secondary weapon for closer encounters and if you're carrying a better primary. With a good primary, you don't need to run away after firing the flood; just make the switch and clean up what the FF didn't do, then when it's safe you can pump up both soakers.

On the current battlefield, it's not a bad idea to have both an FF and Vindicator/Vanquisher. Just be prepared to do some intensive physical training if you're going up against CPS's.