Water Nuke!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
mr. dude

Water Nuke!

Post by mr. dude » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:49 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but it's not exactly something you could buy so I posted it here. On with the topic now. Here's my idea so far:
You need a big container of some sort (15L+ bottle, big garbage can, etc.), this will be the basic body of the "nuke". then, you will need an "oversized balloon" to give the nuke a good amount of pressure. basically the balloon should be attached to the sides of the container and be able to expand a great deal. in order to fill the nuke properly i believe an unremovable quick-fill cap type thing should be used, to keep expanding the balloon. and i only have a slight idea about how it would blast water (what kind of nozzle, how trigger will work), but for the trigger i'm thinking of having it be controlled from a distance (ie. with a string attached to something blocking the water). here are a few pictures to show my idea so far:
(the puple thing is a hose)
(a basic idea of how it fires. sorry about the pointy streams)

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:23 am

Hmm...
I guess this "nuke" has potential, but I don't see exactly how it can be very practical--it can't really work as a trap, a string trigger won't let you move too far away, and it probably won't be too effective for its size. However, one can find a use for any design, and it would be helpful if you provided more information concerning the functionality/use of the nuke.

Also...didn't I see this at iSoaker.com too?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm

I thought up a trigger mechanism for it, though I don't know how effective it would be. Some big round disk blocking the path of the water, and the disk is attached to many rubber bands glued the the top of the nuke, so as soon as I release it the disk will go back to blacking the water. Attached to the disk is a big pole or tube that I can push down on to activate the nuke, though with that design the user will get wet.
Also I could reinforce the diaphragam with rubber bands so more pressure is created. And yes I did post this at the Isoaker forums.

Big Boss

Post by Big Boss » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:56 pm

Yea, It seems like they could get away before it went off. But it could be used in some sort of "time trial," for example, one team must blow their way into a room with this nuke, and several "hostages." They must safely transport all the hostages out before the nuke fills up and blows.

guerrilla91

Post by guerrilla91 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm

That looks like a fine design to me. I like the idea of a time trial challenge.

I do have an idea for a water nuke of my own however, and have all the pieces to put it together. It is basically a water balloon launcher. It has a 2 inch wide 6 inch long pressure chamber, with a schrader valve. The pc is attached to a modified solenoid valve, with a trigger valve. The trigger valve is attached to a square of thick cardboard such that depressing the cardboard triggers the solenoid valve. The pc and valve lie on their sides, and it is attached to a 2 by 6 inch barrel with a 90 degree bend. The barrel points upward, and is filled with water. The whole contraption is buried, with only the tip of the barrel and the cardboard plate of the trigger valve exposed. When an enemy steps on the plate, the solenoid valve is triggered and the water explodes out of the barrel with quite a bit of force. Im estimating 15-20 ft of height of the water, based on my experiments shooting water out of my launcher.
Last edited by guerrilla91 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:57 pm

Seems like an interesting idea, though yo should make the cardboard plate pretty big so it is easier to activate the trap.

guerrilla91

Post by guerrilla91 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:59 am

Ill build the mine in the near future, and test out how well this works.