26%
possible and fun!!
48%
not possible for water warfare
26%

Total votes: 27

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:55 am

I think you end up sitting around waiting for someone to come your way and you miss out on all of the action <_<

goon

Post by goon » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:50 am

Sniping is not possible with super soakers due to the fact that they do not shoot far.....at all, if anyone calls it snipering I call it a stealthy ambush, but there is no way you can call something snipering when your shooting maybe 40-60 feet away
:P
96 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, with 12's in the rear cab an amp under the bench and a Xplod player in the deck.

2003 Honda Rancher ES 4x4

light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:20 pm

The only blaster that is good for sniping is the CPS 2000\2500
I don't have tho :(

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:26 pm

Originally posted by light bulb boi@Mar 26 2003, 03:20 PM
The only blaster that is good for sniping is the CPS 2000\2500
I don't have tho :(
if you don't have them then why do you think that? I personally don't think that there was any safety issues with the cps 2000...I mean soakers can not be that powerful <_<

light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:36 am

My friend has a MK.1 CPS 2000 :wub: and another friend has a Cps 2500 . A hose with a high power nozzle works better if it's with in range of your target.

Johnny Boy

Post by Johnny Boy » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:02 pm

Woodrow nailed it. You have to be pretty close and you need a big gun. However you are less stealthy with a big gun and you can give your position away pretty easy. Plus you need to move fast and a big gun can't do that.

ThA DoDgE ViPeR BOi

Post by ThA DoDgE ViPeR BOi » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:29 pm

Once again, they're more like sharpshooters or ambushers to me. At night, there could possibly be a slot for a sniper to play.

~I'll show you my true power! Griever!!! Make them bleed!~

ThA DoDgE ViPeR BOi, formerly Tsoaker of Aquatica, since Fall 2001.

StormGlorious

Re: Sniping?

Post by StormGlorious » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 am

I think that it is possible to snipe in a water war, however not with a gun. You require a WBL in my opinion to snipe. I have done this before and it was effective but it was quite difficult.
Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:32 am

dude... this is from '03. why would you post in something that old.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:16 am

Well, if you have something to add--like StormGlorious did--it is perfectly acceptable to add your opinion or view and restart an old topic. It's just expanding on what's already said.

I agree with him as well. Water guns doesn't have sufficient range to really "snipe," and neither do Nerf guns in my opinion. Water balloon launchers do, and that's their real strength; they can shoot things really far!
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks Drench, To tell you guys the truth I forgot to check the date, like I normally would.
Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:07 pm

Sniper guns need long barrels for the accuracy right? and a thin diameter tube for the water stream to reach a good distance, especially under pressure, right?

I wonder, if i could build this into my copper gun im making...
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Long barrels decrease performance most likely due to friction. Read this page to see what will increase performance. It basically comes down to finding the right sized conical nozzle for maximum performance. Sadly, not too many conical nozzles are manufactured, but we have been working to make our own.

Accuracy doesn't improve because you can see the water stream and hopefully it shoots straight out of your water gun. If it doesn't shoot straight... well, you'll have to make a new nozzle. ;)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Projectile weapons need long barrels for accuracy, but because we're shooting water, it's completely different. A projectile weapon has an optimal barrel length--the length at which the projectile stops accelerating and starts decelerating. Having an optimized barrel length basically makes it so that the projectile exits at the highest speed possible.

Water guns are a bit similar but still different enough. Two things in fact matter for high range performance in water guns: stream speed and cohesion. Obviously, the faster that water leaves the barrel, the farther it'll go. But in liquid shooting guns, the "projectile" can disperse, which decelerates the stream more; a more coherent or solid stream goes farther because drag effects it less.

Barrel length's equivalent in water guns is nozzle size. The larger the nozzle, the slower the stream exits at--but the smaller the nozzle, the faster. If you make the nozzle too small, the stream isn't "big" enough, so drag will effect it more and it won't shoot too far. But a good combination of the two results in an optimal nozzle size, which gives you the best range.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:19 pm

ahh, sorry, my bad for not realising projectile physics and water gun physics not following the EXACT same rules... Well then, i need to modify designs to my copper gun then...
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!