Fun Gimmicks

General water gun discussion.
mr. dude

Fun Gimmicks

Post by mr. dude » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 am

Are there any useless blasters (in terms of performance) with gimmicks that have always fascinated you?
Although I suffer from the same thing most soaker enthusiasts suffer from, an eternal desire for as good a performance as possible, there are some really interesting gimmicks out there.
For me, the Hydroblade tops the list. The way the stream spreads is really cool in my opinion.
Anyone else want to take a break from bashing gimmicks (not to support them *hint*Hasbro*hint, just comment on the most interesting ones)?

zeda.beta

Re: Fun Gimmicks

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm

I have to say that the water ball launcher was one of the most unique guns that I have ever owned, it is just cool to see a ball of water fly through the air. Other than that, probably the red lights inside every storm gun, they are awesome in night fights.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

I actually found the Helix to be quite good. That unique spray is almost impossible to dodge.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 am

The Secret Strike is pretty crazy in how you can shoot sideways. Not very useful, though, unless you are doing an ambush and you have good aim.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:37 am

Although I have never used one, the Triple Aggressor has to be my favorite. It's just so cool how it comes with a pistol that can be charged by the main gun and then taken off.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

SS.M.D.S. - gotta love 180 degrees of freedom when wanting to do a quick sweep (still faster than turning one's whole body)
...and I did enjoy the pulse feature on the XP90 and EES Turbine, though I did wish those blasters had separate PCs. A CPS-blaster with an optional pulse setting would be fun to use, IMO.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 pm

It seems that pulse nozzles ruin stream lamination which makes them fairly pointless. They are fun to shoot though.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 pm

What are pulse nozzles?

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:47 pm

C-A_99 wrote:It seems that pulse nozzles ruin stream lamination which makes them fairly pointless. They are fun to shoot though.
Though ruining lamination on one hand, I got better ranges with my XP 90 on the pulse setting than on its solid stream setting. I think something about how the nozzle pulse setting needs to compress things to open and close may be converting a little more of the force from the pressurized reservoir into stream speed.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:57 am

The Xp backfire was acctually quite good, i and some others tried to take out a guy with one but it was pretty hard, but we only had bottles and 2 black widows (i went double on him)
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people