MAX D-3000 opnions

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)

What do you think about the MAX D-3000?

It is a very good secondary weapon / two of them make a good secondary combo
50%
It is a good weapon overall.
33%
Search your butt off for a CPS, it ain't that great.
No votes
Learn and create your own version of the MAX D-3000 using skill.
No votes
It sucks. $6.49 for a MAX D-3000? Rip-Off.
No votes
None of the above, I'll make a comment in this thread.
17%

Total votes: 6

JCSoaker

MAX D-3000 opnions

Post by JCSoaker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:11 am

I recently joined a spy vs. spy game and I am attempting to stock up on crazy super soakers to catch some spies off guard with as much as water as possible. I couldn't find any decent cps (eg. CPS 3000, 3200, Monster XL) or had the knowledge or skill to make one. However, I did find a huge stock of the MAX D-3000s (2003). They looked weak, but I guess they could be of some use as back-up weapons on the run.
There were only $12.98 ($6.49 each) in a double box set.
(There were like fifteen double box sets in the store)
Do you think it was a good deal?

I want opinions on the MAX D-3000. Thanks.
By the way I live in Canada.
Last edited by JCSoaker on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:12 pm

For a spy vs. spy game (I am assuming you're playing the game commonly called "killer" or "assassins"), the Max-D 3000 should be a pretty good water gun to use. Those games require stealth and attacks can occur at an time. A smaller water gun such as the Max-D 3000 can work in those situations.

Of course, if a certain amount of water is required for a kill in your game, the Max-D 3000 might not be the best choice. I don't think anyone will say that you got a bad deal. This would be a good as a backup at the very least.

;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Looks like a pretty good pistol from what I've heard, having performance comparable to larger air pressure guns. (just holding less water) However, if you're going for large volumes of water, CPS's would be best, and the MD3k would really be useful as a pistol instead.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:22 pm

The MD 3000 is only going to work if you know you can pull-off your kills well. If the first shot connects, then it doesn't matter what soaker you've got. If your first shot misses, then an ambush may become a duel and your gun may become outclassed.

Range matters a lot. If you plan on hitting point-blank, the MD 3000 is fine. Wind and the such may mess with the stream at longer ranges, so then you'd want a gun with more output. In addition, you also might want to consider stream speed. Most store-bought water guns shoot around the same speed. If you can find a mid-size CPS gun, you could increase the speed at which it shoots with a few relatively simple mods.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 pm

The MD2K and MD3K are the best guns you can buy for this, in my opinion. Sure, there could be some custom ones that have tiny hoses and nozzles running through your sleeve and the gun body hidden...but these work well too.

The guns have decent range and little dropoff, so you'll do well even in a duel. If the enemy has a better weapon, it'll have to be a lot bigger and more visible.

I doubt you'll get into duels though, although I have no experience here. I'm just saying this because it's easy to rapid-fire the shots because it's easy to tap the trigger. Range dropoff is minimal, once again, so you can take a few more shots if you miss. I'd get up close anyway, though.

Good luck!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:16 am

While I've never done a water wars style assassin game, I did run a Nerf one. When a player missed his/her first shot in an ambush, a duel often ensued. The target would often take out their own gun and fall back. Then again, this tournament was team assassination, which works differently when both the targets and ambushers brought in some teammates.

The last time I dueled with a Max-D pistol, I got badly pwned...ok, it was against a 1700, but still, it is easy to be overmatched. Concealment of the gun usually only matters for the assassin. The target could have any sized gun they please in certain places such as their house or car.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:22 am

Most of the people doing Dart Wars probably were using Nitefinders, where they'd have to load a new dart and recock the gun before firing again. That could take five to ten seconds. Three taps of a Max-D 3000 trigger might take 1 second, max.

It could take the enemy five seconds to pull out a gun for defense. If you get up close and take them out from behind, they can't get out of range easily. Even if the target pulled a large gun, they probably wouldn't have left it pressurized so long, and if they did, its range advantage would probably be null because of the weakened bladder. :) (Unless it's an air-pressure water gun.)

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 pm

(Slightly off topic)
Where did you find the MAX-D 3000s? I need to find a two pack.
Last edited by The Stealthy Panda on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:45 am

I bought them at my local store $6 each. They have tons of them in stock, go find them, they are widely available.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff