Backpacks

General water gun discussion.
solar00

Backpacks

Post by solar00 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 pm

Is it possible to buy backbacks which can be used on CPS blasters like the cps 2100 & 4100 or monsters
I saw one but they have a larger cap and was only for the newer ones.

For all CPS blasters the tank is empty very fast( i like to use the largest nozzle size a lot ;) ) so i'm looking for a way to extend its capacity. (i'm thinking of 2 or 3 gallons)

and are the backpacks of existing guns like the cps3000/3200 usable on other cps guns?

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:35 pm

Max-Infusion backpacks won't fit without a little modification. Similarly, CPS 3000/3200 backpacks need an attachment point to work. Also, there are few reasons to remove a backpack from a CPS 3000/3200, since they're good water guns and the 3000's backpack isn't very durable.

You can get some cheap or completely destroyed Max-Infusion water guns, cut the cap off, and glue it onto a hole in another water gun. Or cut the attachment thing off the backpack hose and build a homemade version that can go into a homemade port. Or make your own backpack.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 pm

The backpacks between most water guns aren't interchangeable. The new Max Infusion system does mirror much of what some wanted to see in the past, but it does so with so little capacity. I wouldn't recommend Super Soaker's backpack. It simply doesn't carry enough water. 100 ounces is only about 3 liters, which isn't very good water capacity. For comparison, the CPS 3000 holds 260 ounces of water, which is 8.13 liters or about 2 gallons. That is substantially more water. I realize they are limited by demographics, but less than a gallon of additional capacity is pathetic.

There isn't much that can be done aside from a backpack modification to get a backpack on an older CPS water gun. These modifications rarely are permanent and always increase capacity.

I would suggest following a guide on a solid backpack (none exist at this time) or one using a solar shower at the moment. Here's a good link if you're interested in a backpack modification: http://www.videofoundry.co.nz/ianman/la ... kpack.html

The solar showers are very cheap, strong, and carry a lot of water! They also are easy to modify because they already contain a tube. The tube leading to the shower head can be cut and a tubing coupler and some tubing clamps can be used to attach a tube leading to your water gun.

:)