A Possible Shot Blast Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
martianshark

A Possible Shot Blast Mod

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:04 am

If you modded the nozzle of the Shot Blast and added a ball valve, would that basically turn it into a seperate chamber water gun? You might also have to do a PC expansion to do it. You could also add a nozzle selector.

C-A_99

Re: A Possible Shot Blast Mod

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 am

A PC expansion, or replacement, would be pretty much necessary. (replacement is easier) However, the lack of a PRV may be a concern to consider. For a trigger, the necessary pull valve is already in the system, it just has to be hooked up to a trigger.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rwilj6uxGkQ/S ... C05401.JPG

From http://nerfornothing.blogspot.com/

Getting all of that hooked up together is, IMO, more work than it's worth. Though it's certainly easier than the half-vaporizer, half-homemade "modification" posted around here, I'd still rather go with a proper blaster in the first place. The problem is, most PRV's and internals on soakers are not designed to handle higher pressure so a PC replacement may not always do the job alone.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 am

Really? Where can I get a trigger? Why is the pull valve already there?

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Here's the problem. The valve in the Shot Blast opens after pumping. You'd have to screw the valve up and then add a PC and ball valve.

Not worth it. Just use a trigger like C-A_99 said.

Btw, you can get a trigger off of any old gun or even a nerf gun.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 pm

But how exactly is the valve opened? In the Quick Blast there is a piston in the PC, with a pin protruding. As the PC is filled, that pin extends, mechanically opening the valve. So to convert to manual operation simply requires removing that pin, and rigging up a manual trigger with a pull arm or wire to the valve.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 am

Doesn't the valve just open up after a certain amount of pressure?

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 am

That's right cantab, but when martianshark mentioned a ball valve, I thought he needed to just make it like a straight pipe and add a ball valve.

I guess he's adding a trigger instead? Just hook it up, I suppose.

But where do you put it? The handle is reservoir and where the tube goes down.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 am

Ohhh... that's right! That makes it impossible! The only reason the nerf mod worked is because the nerf gun didn't use the reservoir!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 am

It's possible to improvise another trigger solution that doesn't require butchering the reservoir, but as said, it's really not worth it.

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 pm

@C-A_99: I play Nerf, and I saw the blog you linked. How does he have Deploys and Reflexes?
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Would it be possible to replace the resivoir with a piece of PVC pipe, and then use the gun as a PR?
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 am

steelboot wrote:@C-A_99: I play Nerf, and I saw the blog you linked. How does he have Deploys and Reflexes?
It is likely that he gets them from sources/countries that release them before the U.S. does. I don't remember what the site said about that but it was something along those lines.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 am

zeda.beta wrote:Would it be possible to replace the resivoir with a piece of PVC pipe, and then use the gun as a PR?
-Zeda
No, that would be too complicated and I might as well just build a homemade. I want it to be a simple modification that turns it into a SC water gun.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I don't think the Shot Blast's internals are strong enough for SC type pressures. You'd have to reinforce them. Also, its pretty much impossible to add a trigger that way.

What about a lever trigger like in the XP 300? You could just use a Hydroblitz's pump if its impossible to get a 300's trigger.
SPLASH! You're dead!