Threads about water gun modifications.
sasattack

Pressure relief valve disable - Flash Flood

Post by sasattack » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Any guides on how to do this?

Specter

Re: Pressure relief valve disable - Flash Flood

Post by Specter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:27 am

i would guess it's somewhat like the PRV in the Arctic Blast, shown here http://www.sscentral.org/mods/prvd.html (scroll down to the 4th picture)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:57 am

The Flash Flood appears to be a type A valve. Cut where the type A valve shown in my guide suggests and fill in the holes. That's all there is to it.

The Arctic Blast trick shouldn't apply to the Flash Flood because the Flash Flood has one inlet/outlet from the reservoir.

Let me state that there's generally no reason to do this modification. In my opinion the Flash Flood is not a good candidate for power modification because it's too weak as is. Disabling the safety valve is more likely to cause the gun to break from being pumped too much than increase the gun's value on the field.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 am

IT WILL NOT HELP

The Flash Flood is a CPS weapon. Disabling the pressure release valve won't make the gun at all more powerful, it will just make it easier to break.

The exception is if the PRV is broken/stuck.

If you do want to modify a Flash Flood, there are a few things you can try. A good one is to modify the flood nozzle to take threaded endcap nozzles.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: