Aqua Shock Sneak Attack custom paint

Threads about water gun modifications.
jlamb

Aqua Shock Sneak Attack custom paint

Post by jlamb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:48 am

To start of with I would like to say hi to everybody, this is my first post and I would like to show everybody what I have started on...

1.First of all I started with a Aquashock Sneak Attack..........
This soaker is used as my primary weapon (along with a 50oz Infusion Aquapack) I love getting right up on people!!!

2.Taking apart the soaker...........

3. I lightly sanded everything and then I primed the soaker, I used Krylon Fusion (River Rock)

ImageImageImage

4. I used Plasti-kote Camouflage paint for the final paint color.
Here is the paint done to the water reservoir (Camouflage Green).

ImageImageImageImage

5. The Gun Housing (Camouflage Black) It resembles Batman to me.

ImageImageImage

6. The water cap (Camouflage green).

ImageImage

7. Other random pictures pictures

ImageImage

8. Out door picture....(without pump handle) incomplete

9. Indoor picture with flash..... incomplete

I am not finished with the soaker just yet, I have to finish painting the nozzle, putting it together and I am also going to do a matte clear coat for durability. If you noticed the handle grip is taped up right now, I am going to try to rap it with OD green 550 paracord. I will update as soon as I am done...

My future plans are going to take a MILITARY MOLLE II, 3L-100OZ, HYDRATION SYSTEM and convert it into a Aquapack.............

aEx155

Re: Aqua Shock Sneak Attack custom paint

Post by aEx155 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:54 am

Welcome to SSCentral, jlamb!

Nice job painting your gun. Looks very professional. Of course, I've never painted anything, so I'm not one to judge, but by my standards, that's really good.

What is of more interest to me (no offense) is the conversion of that "MILITARY MOLLE II, 3L-100OZ, HYDRATION SYSTEM" into an Aquapack. Your main hurdle is finding a way to connect the thing to gun. The simplest solution would include using a rubber stopper with a hole in the center to put the hose in; I believe that was done before. If that won't work, I'll see what you had planned and add to that.

On a side note, THIS IS POST 300 FOR ME!!! I'm happy! Okay.

Hope that helps.

jlamb

Post by jlamb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 am

I plan on using the hose connection from my 50oz Infusion Aquapack...

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:10 am

Hmm...okay. I hadn't though of that.

You might also want to try using a solar shower, but that could get uncomfortable fast...at least your method includes something that was meant to be worn.

Well...it's late, and I'm tired. Good luck, hope the conversion goes well. That's it for now.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Nice job on the painting! BTW, how did you manage to open your Sneak Attack? From my own attempt, the only way to get the pump grip off would require either cutting or snapping a couple of plastic bits on the pump grip. Did you cut/break the small pieces of plastic that held part of the pump grip together or did you not need to and found some other way to get the pump grip off?

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

jlamb

Post by jlamb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm

I was able to bend it just far enough to remove the hidden screw underneath it. after that it just popped off.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Nice paint job.

I'm surprised at your choice of it as a primary weapon though. How far can you get it to shoot?
Then again, I'd consider the Water Warriors Shark for a light primary.

As for the hydration thing - it would be a lot simpler to just get the Super Soaker 3l Aquapack - originally supplied with the Max Infusion Overload, later sold separately. Then the connections are all sorted, and if you don't like the colour, you put it in another bag.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

jlamb

Post by jlamb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:44 pm

I would say about 20 ft max, but we play in confined spaces so I really don't need much distance. The hydration pack is just for fun. I like to customize stuff, I have just as much customizing as I do playing. You should see my paint ball guns and my real rifles.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Wow, that's really professional...I wish I had the time, skill, and resolve to do something like that. Your CamelBak-type backpack should match it well. :cool:

jlamb

Post by jlamb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Well today I went to Homedepot and got some 400 grit sand paper and sanded all the painted items down and repainted them. I tried a matte finish clear coat after that and it completely did not react right with the paint so I had to start over with some of the pieces. I am still working on the nozzle because it had a lot of damage done to it during play from dropping it but it is coming out pretty good. Here are some pics. from today.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
here is the paint I used......................

Ariz0na

Post by Ariz0na » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:47 am

Nice work. Looks uber cool ;)
Armoury : CPS 2500, Arctic Blast & Max Infusion pack,
Super Soaker Quick Blast Twin Pack

i speak my mind My Garage Sale