Finally a WW power mod [kind of]

Threads about water gun modifications.
DX

Finally a WW power mod [kind of]

Post by DX » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:13 pm

I have finally done something that increases the power of a WW Orca...the "Blorca" [Blazer/Orca] now lives! As posted last week, I found a broken Blazer on a curb on junk day. I might as well have left it on the curb, as that's how badly broken it was. However, today I noticed that the Blazer pc is the same size as the Orca pc. It has been said many times before that the Blazer is more powerful than the Orca, so why not put that to the test?

The pcs are so identical in structure that the swap was extraordinarily fast and painless. I filled the new Blorca and tested its power, not expecting anything different. Indeed, the range of the middle-sized nozzle came out to 38.77' [~38' 9"] vs iSoaker's range of 36.09' for the normal Orca. However, the stream acted like a spherical CPS integration. The shot time was slightly reduced, but the speed rapidly increased. Actually, the shot time is about the same, but it appears to be shorter since the enhanced power only lasts about 1-2 seconds, then the stream returns to normal power. The enhanced stream does not look as juicy as normal, but you can feel power that is missing from a native Orca.

This Blorca is a one hit weapon. If one does not tap-pump it and maintain near-full pressure at all times, the unusual power drops away. The stream also appears to be angled higher than one would usually want, but I think that's my fault. I also swapped in the Blazer's nozzle selector, perhaps the native Orca selector is better.

There are pictures! However, I am saving them for an article.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!