Max-P 5000 final outcome!

Threads about water gun modifications.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:05 pm

I haven't really taken the time to fully test this thing out. I know I've gone on and on about how good it is, but yes, there are more downfalls to it than I realized. I took my sister's unmodded Max-D 5000 and filled both soakers with the exact same amount of water and pumped them both up about fifty times. After, I held one in one hand, one in the other hand and shot them both at the same angle out my back door. It appears that both get about the same range at the beginning, but the unmodded Max-D 5000 lasts longer in the tapering stream afterwards. However, I found that my Max-P 5000 did have a stronger stream than the Max-D, so I conclude that both have same starting range, and the unmodded's tapering stream lasts longer, while the modded Max-P has more output. I might make a small backpack for the Max-P 5000 because the small tank empties quickly. Another thing I found interesting is that after a certain amount of pumps, my Max-P 5000 gets a definite range bonus, but the stream dies out quickly.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:27 pm

I don't know what to type here because the post thing said my post had to be longer, but what's a Max-P?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:55 am

The Max-P 5000 is simply a check valve frozen Max-D 5000, with other minor mods for asthetic purposes. I just named it the Max-P for "Maximum-Power" instead of "Maximum Distance".

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:30 pm

So, to guess a conclusion, the stock soaker is a better all-rounder, but the CVFd one can get more range quicker?
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:45 pm

Well the logical difference is that the Max-P 5000 can get more out of being overpumped. This requires twice the pumping that a stock one would, but there would be an output and range increase.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm

Try that thing shadowstalker did a long time ago where he wrapped electrical tape around its nozzle and stuck it in a QFD so it would fill quick. Sounds like a good idea.

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm just curious, but where on the MAX-D 5000 is the check valve? I opened up my soaker and could not find one, just pump, reservoir and the firing mechanism :confused: So where exactly is the check valve?
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:38 pm

The check valve (I belive this goes for any pressurized resevoir blaster) is on the pump shaft. If you look on the end that belongs inside the soaker opposite to the side with the pump grip, you will see an opening. You have to epoxy that end of the pump. I shall link a picture of this
Last edited by Monsoon on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Missed important info

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Did you make a backpack in the end?

I'm not sure that it would work for a PR gun, so I'd be interested to hear if it did.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:45 pm

No, I didn't. You're right, it wouldnt work on a PR blaster. I actually thought that soon after I posted that I would. It would be awesome if I could though.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:36 pm

I produced an external PC for a 3XA out of a 1L drink bottle - it's detachable and fits using a special hose connector.

http://forums.sscentral.org/t3495/ - it's post number 5 on the page.

Perhaps that could be modified some how - if you just pump air into it you would create a bigger air volume to maintain shot strength.
You could therefore fill the reservior to full and thus have a better shot time, but with much less drop off.

I wouldn't want to be filling a 1L bottle with the pump on a Max-D 5000 though, so I'd put a bike valve on it so you could use a foot pump.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 pm

That sounds very possible, but I want this soaker to maintain it's small, compact stature. I just wanted to do a light mod so it would be slightly more powerful. I don't want to be using a foot pump for pressurizing it.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:09 pm

Fair enough - keep the mobility. It's completely up to you.

The idea is open to anyone who wants to improve a couple of stats on their PR gun.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:08 pm

what colour scheme of Max-D 5000 did you use? i think the two different colour schemes have different internals.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 pm

They may well do - soakers that appear very similar on the exterior can be completely different inside (the opposite of humans)

But nonetheless check valve freezing will be identical for both types. It's the same for different PR weapons, let alone different marks.

http://www.sscentral.org/tech/mods/prcvf.php

Extract the pump shaft from the pump. Look on the end that fits into the pump. There will be a hole in the centre of the piece if you look at it from the end. Plug that hole in the piece with whatever seems suitable. You can plug the side hole as well, but many people don't bother - it's more likely to do harm than good.