Can't get this dang thing apart.......

Threads about water gun modifications.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:57 pm

I was going to k-mod my Cps 2100 today,but after at least 2 1/2 hours of trying to get it open it is still sitting on my living room floor closed :blink: The very center screw in the middle of the gun is stripped out,I have tried everything to get it out :angry: Screwdrivers,allen keys, and like 20 other things,but none worked. The other problem is the small black thing on the end of the pump shaft. It won't budge no matter what :angry: Can someone please help me?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:28 pm

If you searched a bit, you would find a topic about the pump cap of the 2100. It sounds like you have an MK2. This means you have to saw the thing off to take it apart. And for the stripped screw, get a drill bit and drill it out that way.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:48 pm

Sorry, I should of looked first,but I was Kind of mad at the soaker so I didn't really think about it. Do I HAVE to cut the nozzle off? If so Is there a way to get it back on again?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:38 pm

The part you saw off is that black thing at the end of the pump. The nozzle doesn't need to be sawed. The outer part of the nozzle is fake. When I opened a MK 2 all I did was pull the piece in half and that was that. It's simple and easy. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:40 pm

I just don't want it to look stupid <_< I don't want to have a goofy lookin gun :P

Added from double post:

I don't like double posting,but What did you mean by pull in half :huh: I've been trying to pull it off since you posted that,and all I have done is chipped up the paint :o Sorry if I'm asking obvious things but this is the first time I've modded a super soaker ^_^

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:22 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/articles/oywg.php

Checking the site helps too. You would have found the screw drilling solution here.

Also, a post 20 minutes after another could have been edited in. The topic wouldn't have gone unnoticed because it was only 20 minutes ago the last post was made.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:30 pm

I have finished the K-mod,but somewhere while doing the check valve freeze made a mistake. The epoxy I have put over the 2 holes keeps splitting to allow the water to pour out. What is wrong? Is it the epoxy I used?

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:21 pm

Most likely. I would use the screw method combined with liberal amounts of plumbers epoxy. Doom reccomends using less epoxy, however using tons wouldn't hurt as long as your internals still fit in the shell. Good luck with your K-Mod. The 2100 is a pretty powerful gun once k-modded, and a decent one stock.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:26 pm

A method my dad showed me is to take a piece of hard plastic, and glue it over the hole. It works pretty well if you glue in all the right places. Also, Epoxy Putty works very well. Try either method. B)

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:37 am

I can only find epoxy putty at this one drug store and it's driving me crazy. Where pray tell can this substance be purchased. Oh and another question, how do you store yours? Mine always dries out in about a week.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:28 pm

I finlly got a good epoxy to use and it worked perfectly ^_^ Now I just have to fix the trigger which is sticking and then all I have to do is re-attach the nozzle peice.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:31 pm

The epoxy I have put over the 2 holes keeps splitting to allow the water to pour out. What is wrong? Is it the epoxy I used?
You most likely didn't mix it long enough. Make sure you mix the epoxy putty until it's really gray.
A method my dad showed me is to take a piece of hard plastic, and glue it over the hole. It works pretty well if you glue in all the right places. Also, Epoxy Putty works very well. Try either method.
I would use that method plus use the epoxy to seal the plastic on.

Most likely. I would use the screw method combined with liberal amounts of plumbers epoxy. Doom reccomends using less epoxy, however using tons wouldn't hurt as long as your internals still fit in the shell.
You can use as much glue as necessary, I even have 2 layers on one of my check valves. Just if the internals won't fit back in the casing you'll need pliers to tear out pieces attached on the inside of the casing until the internals fit.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:08 pm

Originally posted by USSA@Jan 31 2005, 08:37 PM
I can only find epoxy putty at this one drug store and it's driving me crazy. Where pray tell can this substance be purchased. Oh and another question, how do you store yours? Mine always dries out in about a week.
[snapback]21761[/snapback]

I buy mine at my local ACE Hardware outlet, however I just got some from Home Depot, and it actually worked much better. Whenever I buy mine, it come with a plastic wrapper. IF you keep your left over's in the wrapper, they should stay malleable for almost a year.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!