New cps mod Idea

Threads about water gun modifications.
Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:57 pm

Has anyone noticed the air vents at the side of a cylindrical pc?If you cover them up it would compress the air when the pc bladder is expanding.

I have no idea if this has been tried before so please replie with improvments if its been done. ^_^
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:34 am

Hmmmm I don't know. I think that those holes are probably put there for a reason. It might blow up the water gun.(I could easily be completely wrong)

EDIT: Grammer
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:43 am

I Thought of that too. I bet the pc would fly off unless you make it on tight. I have tried that thing where you put balloons on a 2l bottle and I bet it will get the same effect, an xps style shot.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:48 am

Actually, in an upcoming site update, there will be an experimental mod posted that drills those "vents" to make them bigger. Oh and it would be almost impossible to pump if you did that, I've tested it with a 2 liter.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:53 am

Hmm....I read the article and maybe would try that if I had some more extra time and more 2100's. I could test that mod on a new 2100, If it does more harm than good, then I can simply switch the pc case with an intact one from a broken 2100.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:55 pm

I don't think drilling larger holes would do anything bad. Even if it was a little sharp (and it won't be).

People have thought of the CPS + Air pressure idea before. I think it wouldn't work well at all on a normal cylindrical gun because that case wasn't designed to take pressure. I also don't think it would work very well in the first place. If you want more power, just Collosus.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:25 pm

I've had an idea a while back which I haven't tried due to not being able to have a spring of this size. Basically you put the spring in the place where the pc ends(when not full with water) and where the PC casing ends. here's a picture.

Edit: Spelling

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:15 pm

I had that idea way back in 2002. Many have had it since, it's not really new. Anyway, that won't work, just destroy the PC. It barely works correctly on the diaphram guns (blaze tried it on a Blazer).

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:36 pm

I did that with a Pirahna, but all it really did was shrten the shot time and only got maybe a foot more of range.

elusiveviper723

Post by elusiveviper723 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:29 am

I Don't know if that will effect the water guns performance at all. It might cause it to be harder to pump but if the PC isnt air tight then the air that would normally escape through the holes will just escape slower through another opening. However if the PC was air tight then it could add more power because of the added air pressure in the PC. This could allow less balloons to be used which would mean more output and possibly longer shot time due to the fact that there is less room in the PC to be taken up by the balloons and more room for water. Creating an air tight PC could improve the guns performance.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:47 am

Not really. Actually. Not at all.
Even if you were able to pump up the blaster which would prove difficult, you couldnt fire it. The PC could not shrink because it would have no air to replace it. Its better to make bigger holes than to cover them up. That decreases shot time, but can add range, and output.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------