Easy Big Trouble Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
BlueSmudge

Easy Big Trouble Mod

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:37 am

:mellow:I've been trying to fix my big trouble, it was leaking out the front. The quick filler has started to leak. I ended up doing an easy, possibly reversable mod. Sorry, no pic. My camera doesn't work with my mac.
Start by screwing off the quick fill nozzle. Then pull off the purple nozzle ajuster. Now your gun has riot blast. Screw the quick filler back on with out the nozzle changer.(I had to epoxy the quick fill because that's what whas leaking).
Next I took this high powered crafts glue, and glued the check valve, or whatever it is that realeases extra pressured water. I did this for a couple of reasons. Mostly, I didn't cut it off, and seal it, so that I could reverse it. I also glued it because with riot blast, you get this awesome kick, that throws water out the check valve, and gets you all wet. Now that water goes into soaking your enemy. An finnally I did this so that no extra pressure escapes. It adds about 5 feet.
If you Don't want riot blast, but you still want a larger, or costom nozzle, go ahead and attach a PVC pipe. Your choice.

:rolleyes:
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:48 am

Interesting mod, would you mind if I add that to the site? Some gun-specific mods are better than none. If you want you could rewrite it so it better says what your saying.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm

here are some pics. :D
Attachments
Big_trouble_Pics2.jpg
Big_trouble_Pics2.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
BlueSoak.net

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:14 pm

The unpersonal version:
This is an easy mod you can do to your big trouble, and/or SC powerpak. It will give you better range, and less leakage.

Start by screwing off the quick fill adapter. This lets you remove the purple nozzle changer. You now have a riot blast. If you wish for a bigger, or custom nozzle, you can glue on a PVC nozzle of your choice.
Next, you need to put the quick fill adapter back on. A lot of times, this will leak so you will need to seal the adapter with glue.(I had to) You can use epoxy, or other strong glue.
The final step is to seal the pressure realease valve (the thing at the top of the gun that shoots out extra pressurized water). You can do this two ways. The first, way should be done, before any other of the moding steps. You will open the gun up, cut off the pressure release valve about half way, then seal it with a PVC cap. (glue recomended) The seconed way is the easier, and reversable way. Take your glue, and fill in the holes of the pressure release valve. You will most likely have to do this in a couple of layers over a period of a few days.(I did 3)
After all this you have a great gun. I think the best part is the powerful kick you get out of the gun, and how it drenches out its entire supply in less than 6 seconds.
BlueSoak.net

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:20 pm

not to bring an old thread back to life but...

I have 11 bt's and was going to mod one of them... I already plugged the check valve as you have shown but for the life of me I can not screw off the qfd part. Anywho I was wondering how do I do this? Do I have to take the pistol apart? thanks in advance

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:16 pm

Wow, forgot about this thing. Ummmm, don't do this. It was my first post, and first mod. It doesn't last long. If you used epoxy to freeze the check valve, you Don't need to go much further. To get riot blast just drill the fan burst really big. The other way leaks in the long run. If you still want to do it. Use a wrench. Mine came off real easy. Just twist off the orange QF and he nozzle selector comes off easy.
BlueSoak.net

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:24 pm

what was the range on yours.... what do u suppose the range would be on one where I just widened the apeture?(Yes I used epoxy to fill the back of the big trouble handle ) And most importantly does your leaky problem appear fixable... I may try it for kicks if it is...

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:40 pm

I never really mesured the range. All I know is that on whatever the smallest nozzle is, it never had the distance of my splashzooka, and now it does. I really did it just to get the riot blast. I used hotglue when I should have used epoxy. Remember it was my first mod. I can't really do much for you now, since I overfilled it once. And the PC broke. I'm trying to repair it, but it is erally not such a great gun. I prefer a 2100, a 1500, or a homemade.
BlueSoak.net

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:01 pm

if I ripped the purple thing off for the riot blast is that reversablie... in short will I be able to get it back on. Also what range is produced by the riot blast.... is it a mere 5 feet or more like 10

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:42 am

More like 20-25. It is pretty good. It was my favorite gun for 5 min before it began to leak. And then was one of my favorites untill it blew up. By the way, I fixed it. The yellow casing had blown open, and the Sheild came off. I just put the PC shield back on and it works fine. Just still leaks.
BlueSoak.net

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:02 am

the kick on the highest nozzle when you buy it is awesome... but you're right, it still wreaks havok on your shirt!
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:13 am

If you think kick on 8.5X is awesome, you have to try this. I'm sure the outpoot is over 20X.
BlueSoak.net

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:46 pm

if I take it apart really carefully do u think that I could make it so that it doesn't leak... if so a 20x on a pistol.... thats just cool.... I can just picture one of my cousins coming up to me with their helix saying my guns is bigger than yours and then I unload 70 oz in like 2 seconds-daydreaming

So I'll try to take my gun apart real carefully later tonight.... and if I get pissed I could always take a wrench to it...

edit: I can just buy a replacement power pak head on hasbro's sight and then mod that.... if it doesn't work I'm out ten bucks if it does I have a really powerful nozzle.