Need mod help for a super soaker max infustion defender

Threads about water gun modifications.
waterwarman

Need mod help for a super soaker max infustion defender

Post by waterwarman » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:56 am

i need some advice for my super soaker max infusion defender. The reason why im asked its based on pressurized and power. So some people please help me out.
U Must Learn the ways of the water

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:29 pm

Hmm, it looks like the only effective power mod for this would be a nozzle drill. You can try disabling the pressure relief valve (PRV), but that requires opening of the gun. While a nozzle drill would lower it's already low shot time even more, I've heard that you can get some pretty good range with it. As for how deep to drill and how big, I'm not sure since I've never owned one. (DX could probably help here)

A non-modding method of improving power is simply pumping in extra air before pumping water. Open up the reservoir and look for the intake/intake tube. (most likely it's just an intake, which appears as a little hole in the reservoir) Now, to pump air in, just make sure that intake is exposed to air instead of water while pumping, then pump in water. (if there's water in the reservoir, invert the gun to pump in air) You only need to do this once unless you shoot out all the extra air.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:10 am

Drilling 1/3 of the way down the nozzle gets you close to optimal range. You'd be surprised how far it can shoot, but the shot time gets halved. Remember, when the output is increased, you'll be able to shoot for less time and the reservoir will fly by. Modding is always a balance, improve x at the expense of y.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!