K-mod Problems

Threads about water gun modifications.
Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:12 pm

Alright, I did my check valve freeze, layered my balloons on, reinforced my internals and am ready to reassemble my 2100. That is, after I get bandages to cover the three blisters and five cuts on my hands. Those balloons are brutal! I reccomend gloves. Anyway, I go to reassemble my gun. Unfortunatly, nothing fits in the same. I can't seem to get the internals in their original positions without kinking the hose that runs from the tank to the upper internals. Also, first believed that the trigger system merely consisted of the wire, the trigger and the thing that the wire pulls that releases the water. Instead I figure out it's this white piece of plastic with a bar through it that attaches to the , trigger valve, is it? which attaches to the wire which attaches to the trigger itself. So I put it together with the bar holding the white peice of plastic on, and give it a pull to test it. The leverage was bad I guess, because it didn't budge.

Any help that can be offered in the reassembly of my 21000 would be much appreciated.

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:24 pm

I'm not sure about the internals of the 2100 but from what your saying (it's a little vague what your saying though, pictures would help if possible.) it's a little metal rod, connecting to the trigger valve and then it fits in a little hole. This happened to me before on my 1700 and it wouldn't budge. Another possible reason is that you have it a little to far ahead of the trigger valve. So when you pull it stops the trigger valve from moving.

I know I'm being fairly vague also but I'm doing the best I can without pictures.

AND yes K-Mod is one Hasbro HQ of a ***** (Hey, that's funny.) I have a finger that has skin torn completely off it because off K-modding.
Storm

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:43 pm

If you need a picture of what the internals should look like its here I'll have a better picture up at the site in a couple minutes I hope.

EDIT:Click here for Picture of how internals should fit in the casing of the 2100.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:53 pm

I'm having trouble opening my CPS2100, it seems the nozzle is preventing the area around it from opening. Also, the pump cap is stuck. I don't think it's glued on, but I'm not sure. It came with the mini-piston CPS2100, and has a straight seam down the back of the reservoir.
"You ain't tellin' nobody nothin'." - Dexter Colt

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:21 pm

I kept mine on, I could open it adequatly anyway. My nozzle came right out with the internals, just give ait a pull.

Thanks for your help guys, my re-assembly was sucessful! I tested it on the ridge facing my base, I was able to hit the side wall which not even my hose can do from that distance. The K-mod rules! (BTW I used 60 some balloons) I found pumping to be hard, and literally impossible once it reaches maximum pressure. I don't think I'll be overpumping it, or that anyone else will be!

Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:33 pm

Originally posted by Hyperion330@Aug 4 2004, 02:53 PM
I'm having trouble opening my CPS2100, it seems the nozzle is preventing the area around it from opening. Also, the pump cap is stuck. I don't think it's glued on, but I'm not sure. It came with the mini-piston CPS2100, and has a straight seam down the back of the reservoir.
The part thats holding it together is the trigger pivot-pin. It usually sticks in there pretty well, just keep wiggling the 2 halves apart, force it and you may break something.

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:54 pm

Wait, I'm not clear as to what you said, do you mean to break it, or just to wiggle? What does this pivot pin do?
"You ain't tellin' nobody nothin'." - Dexter Colt

Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:02 pm

The pivot pin is part of the trigger mechanism. Its usually just pushed into the plastic and has a rough surface to hold it in. Wiggle, not force will do it.

Also patience... Hey, that's funny. it can take ahwile sometimes.

If you can see between the 2 halves the pin itself, you can sometimes get a flat-head screwdriver in there and pry apart from the pin itself.

Hard to explain with words... :/ best I can do

--Blake