Triple Agressor mod (In progress)

Threads about water gun modifications.
CROC

Triple Agressor mod (In progress)

Post by CROC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm

Sorry for the lack of pictures - the pressure gauge ones are from my scanner and I don't have a camera
Ok, so first, you need the following materials:
1-Phillips screwdrivers of assorted sizes
2-saw
3-Triple aggressor (3xA)
4-MD6K
5-Strong glue or epoxy
Now, on to the mod:
You need to open up the two guns.
From the MD6k, you just want the pressure gauge. Take the needle off for now, but don't discard - You'll need it later:
From the 3xA, take off the reservoir and perform a check valve freeze to the gun. If you go to the article, it is the same setup as the first image.
Now, make a copy of the little sticker (You can use my image above), and print. Cut out the area where the sticker is, and place it on the opposite was that it started. It should now look like this:
Now, we put the needle back on, so that the needle points to low:
Everyone knows of the gimmicks that are in the 3xA - The little gun and the water ball ( the only really bright parts of the gun)
Now, when you have it open, you see the extra pipes for the little squirt pistol. After the tee that connects the pistol to the gun, there are two 90 degree elbows- KEEP THEM THERE! Saw off after the second 90 degree elbow, and remove the rest. For the water ball attachment (down near the pump), you saw off where there is a 90 degree elbow directly after the tee (You may have to cut it earlier to be able to access it). I decided this: No gimmicks, lighter gun, easier to move with, more stealthy
Now, put the pressure gauge at a level that you can easily see it over the PC (Tilt it back 45 degrees and it should be fine). Now, clamp this and epoxy/glue it together.
Make a window in the 3xA case so that you can see the pressure gauge.
Epoxy the internals together - This may sound stupid, but it was not doing this that screwed up my max-d 5000. If you don't, the gun will not fire and when you open it, it will explode.
Clogging the water ball hole with something: You know the little orange nub that held the little pistol in? Take it out, and stick it in the hole. Glue/epoxy it in to place, and store in an upright position. Let the glue/epoxy dry, and when it's all dry, put it back together. I am still working on this mod with mr. dude, so as of now, it is not finished, but will be soon.
~CROC
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:09 pm

You do realize that by flipping the sticker, the needle will go through the black area rather than the coloured area? That will be fun to watch :D

Anyway, if you don't want to waste a Max-D 6K, then get a regular pressure gauge. We used the MD6K because CROC broke it, and made it worse by trying to fix it, so we use it for parts now.

I was thinking of a multi-nozzle mod, but only if we drill the main nozzle.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Interesting point about the gauge. I'd also go with a cheap pressure gauge--perhaps $10 from McMaster-Carr, it's been a while since I last checked.

I'd love to see the gun after all the mods! Seems like the opposite of joannaardway's insane mods.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:22 pm

IF you look at where the needle is, you will realize that it won't. I made sure that it would not, by flipping it around, and putting the needle where the "high" pressure area was before, to start. When it is at max pressure it would be pointing where it would be if there were normally no pressure in it.
We could still drill the nozzle, since I have it right now...
I would recommend using a stock SS pressure gauge, because you don't know how much pressure the gun will produce. Therefore, it is better to stick with the basic SS gauge.
-Croc

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

I think mr. dude means the needles will go around counterclockwise, not clockwise. So every position in between empty and full will be wrong.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 pm

No, it will not. I just called him and explained. The needle normally goes around clockwise right?
So, now we have taken the image of the pressure gauge, and the needle will still turn the same way. I checked it. The needle still turns the same direction.
-Croc