Broken CPS 3200

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
svede

Post by svede » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:44 am

This past year I was playing in a nighttime water fight. I think I might have overpumped it up because it was working fine and then after I repumped it up it wouldnt fire.

I tried all I could to drain the water and pressure but had almost no success at all...very very little came out. I tried opening the gun but could not fully open it.

It basically just won't fire and still has the water in it (Ive left it alone for a couple months now)..

I really wanna fix it since they Don't sell these guns anymore... :(

thanks
svede

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:40 pm

The problem is probably only fixable by opening your gun. I should make a guide on how to open your gun. Yeah, I'll do that for the redesign. You should get some precision screwdrivers and push real hard to try to get them open. The 2K series has cheap screws, I know becuase my 2700 and my bro's 1200's screws are rusted and my 1000's are like new! If you can't get it open that way and you still want to fix it, you have another option. You could drill the screws out. That is done with a drill, and a drill bit about the same size as your screw. You start drilling into the screw until it detaches itself. Do this only as a last resort, because it is hard to remove what is left afterwards. If you don't understand how to drill screw out, ask your dad or someone who would know. I'm sure they would be happy to help you.
Once you get your gun open, take some pictures and post them here. I will be able to diagnose the problem much better with pictures. From what I know, it sounds like your broke your CPS chamber, but that may not be true because there are valves in place to prevent that. If you did break your CPS chamber, I've got some ideas that may help, but I have no way of knowing if they will or won't. If the 3200 had a spherical CPS chamber, this wouldn't be a problem, because I just recently had success making homemade spherical CPS chambers.
Yeah, that was a lot. I hope your 3200 gets fixed soon. ;)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:12 am

that xp 70 of mine has messed screws..... anyways, the stuck trigger thing is exactly what happened to my 2500. Don't TRY TO FORCE IT! that's how I cracked my trigger. check the trigger from the underside to make sure it's not broken already. second of all, yes you have to open up your gun

urgent note for doomsoaker: buy a cps 2100 so you can figure out how to open it all the way! I couldn't!

also, doomsoaker, the cps chamber is NOT broken. it is merely a stuck valve. if he can open up the gun and open up the check valve and pull back on it, that will release the major pressure (DO THAT OUTSIDE). also, if you can pull that metal rod, A LOT, it will release the pressure the normal way. also: WATCH THE SCREWS. make sure you have every last one and you know where the different sized ones go. get your gun back together ASAP, before you forget.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

svede

Post by svede » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:40 am

Ill have to go look at my cps 3200 again, but if I recall I couldnt see how to open it...I took out all the screws, but it had these "fake" plastic screws and other things locking it in place....any directions on how to do this without ruining my gun?

[at]neobird: so you think it is just a valve locking up my triggers? sound slike that could be it...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:00 am

You could get some wire or something and poke at them until you get them open safely. Be creative in opening it. Take a picture of what you're having a problem with.
I don't think that you can ruin a soaker by opening it wrong. My 2700 has seen everything bad in opening, and it still holds together as good as ever.

But then again, my 2700 looks like this. It's not pretty, but works. You may have to go this far to repair your gun.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:09 pm

a link to doom's 2700 that WORKS

P.S. I think it needs a nosejob! (and a couple other things)

(the board was being really tricky about letting me correct the link, so I set up one of those handy little php header("Location: ***"); jobs on my site :) )

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:25 am

Originally posted by neobird@Nov 3 2003, 09:12 PM
that xp 70 of mine has messed screws..... anyways, the stuck trigger thing is exactly what happened to my 2500. Don't TRY TO FORCE IT! that's how I cracked my trigger. check the trigger from the underside to make sure it's not broken already. second of all, yes you have to open up your gun

urgent note for doomsoaker: buy a cps 2100 so you can figure out how to open it all the way! I couldn't!

also, doomsoaker, the cps chamber is NOT broken. it is merely a stuck valve. if he can open up the gun and open up the check valve and pull back on it, that will release the major pressure (DO THAT OUTSIDE). also, if you can pull that metal rod, A LOT, it will release the pressure the normal way. also: WATCH THE SCREWS. make sure you have every last one and you know where the different sized ones go. get your gun back together ASAP, before you forget.
Yeah, listen to Neo Bird here. Inthe past with my 2500, I knew jack squat about how a water gun works, except that it squirt :Hey, that's funny.: Anyway, the trigger started catching a lot lately, so I forced it to fire. One day, bam! there it goes snapped, and I could not fix it. Take pictures and Doomsoaker and some other members can diagnose the problem. Remember, there is never a bad soaker, unless it is completely broken! :soakem:

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:55 pm

hehe.
<----- happy his 3200 is intact

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:40 pm

svede, if you're still there, try and send us some pictures. if you don't have a digital camera, just take some regular photos and ask for a kodak picture cd when you get them developed.

svede

Post by svede » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:37 pm

yea, im still here but it will take a while b4 I can get nice pics of them due to time constraints of college :cry:

but you will know when I do....ill try to as soon as I find time..

thanks
svede

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 pm

I hope it is repairable. I think it is. :)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:58 pm

OFF TOPIC: if you've seen the movie "The Inlaws", I'm saying what michael douglas said to the frat kids. no, I can't say it here, but I can make a reference B)

svede: if you can, buy some sheet metal just in case. if you're really in sweden, I know they have a lot of places that sell it around there...

svede

Post by svede » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:57 pm

Hi all,

I really apologize for never responding....wasnt able to get any pictures (altho I might be able to now) and then got busy with college and work..

Anyways, Im leaving for vacation tomorrow....

I think I have it almost open...only one problem left

The black "nozzle" on the gun where the hose connects to it (the hose to the backpack) is in the way.

Any ideas on how to fix (remove) that?

thanks and sorry again
Steve

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:01 pm

Last post for a week.

<---- Is glad he Has Brand New CPS 3200 with all stickers intact.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:11 pm

I believe it's like the pump caps, you have to get a vice-grip or a similar tool and squeeze it off.