Water war heaven

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:55 am

My dad said that he would take me and my six friends camping in the woods near the river to have the biggest water war I am probably going to have this year. We Know how to build our bases and The weapons I plan on bringing are a monster xl cps 2100 and the storm 2500 I just got of ebay. So now the only thing I need is something with long shot time and I will be ready to go. I will give a full story when it is over. If you have any suggestions on equipment, arming my troops please give me them.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Something I made for an insanely long shot time and range: I got monster rocket reservoir and pump and then put the hose from the base of the reservoir into the XP 220 reservoir. Now I theoretically have a gun which can fire well over 50 feet at like 50x or something stupid. but I don't pump it up too much because mainly I don't need to and secondly I don't trust the seal to the 220 reservoir.

The actual possible range is in theory ridiculous, the monster rocket fired 100 feet up in the air and unleashed a 2L payload as it's propulsion at about 50x (width of a 2L bottle lid) so the gun should be able to too (although the recoil would be huge).

By the way, has anyone got any ideas for a name for this gun? 2200 seems lame for such an extreme mod.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 pm

You say "in theory". What kind of performance have you gotten from it? It'll be interesting to see, as both Monster Rockets and xp 220s are readily available.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:42 am

Originally posted by scorpion@Mar 8 2005, 09:55 PM
My dad said that he would take me and my six friends camping in the woods near the river to have the biggest water war I am probably going to have this year. We Know how to build our bases and The weapons I plan on bringing are a monster xl cps 2100 and the storm 2500 I just got of ebay. So now the only thing I need is something with long shot time and I will be ready to go. I will give a full story when it is over. If you have any suggestions on equipment, arming my troops please give me them.
[snapback]22973[/snapback]

First, off, I feel a Napoleon Dynamite quote coming on...

"Lucky"

Your parents actually bring you camping without you having to bug 'em over and over.

I have 4 water worms, and the 6 pounders have shot time well over a minute and a 1/4. Also, there might be a mod for the 2100 to make the nozzle smaller, and increase shot time.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:06 pm

You say "in theory". What kind of performance have you gotten from it? It'll be interesting to see, as both Monster Rockets and xp 220s are readily available.
Performance has been good, the speed of the water flying out is phenomenal. I would suggest using a gun with a bigger reservoir and a bigger nozzle than the 220, because even when fully drilled it (more if you include the drop off). Perhaps I should use a CPS gun, really the performance is amazing even on the 220. It takes about 9 pumps to reach the pressure I use (some of the poorly done seals of mine start leaking after that) but even there (about 1/6 of the pressure gauge) the range is better than my CPS 1000.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes