Radio

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:53 am

It seems like it would be useful to have radios for coordinating larger attacks. What kind of radios would you suggest for any type of water fight. The main req is that it doesn't break when it gets wet. I have also considered having the team use the radios to get into position, and then hide them in a bush before striking. What do you think? Thanks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:59 am

I use walkie talkies that I bought at radioshack. They were about 50 dollars, but well worth it. They get up to 5 mile range and a ton of channels. The one thing I made sure when I got them was that they were water proof. I suggest going to any store you think might have walkie talkies and look at them. First thing you should do is see if they're water proof. Mine said weather resistant. Hope this helps.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:40 pm

Thanks!

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:49 pm

I'm thinking about getting some to. what price range do you think I should spend? and about how many do you think I should get?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:30 pm

I just got some $25 dollar one's that I use for skiing. (So I can comunicate with other groups)
They are not water proof, but have gotten wet plent yof times. I just wouldnt dunk them in a pool. They only have two channels, and work great. I usually give one to my scout, and keep the other on me. You really Don't have to spend much.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

pyro

Post by pyro » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:36 pm

I bought a pair of waterresistant walkie talkies and tried using them in my next battle. While I was shooting it fell out of my pocket and the guy shot it hoping it wasnt waterproof. I just laughed and told him water wouldnt hurt it, then I soaked him. When he was gone I picked up the WT to warn my base. But when I tried it didn't work. I took it to Canadian tire and they told me that it was ruined cause of the water. They wouldnt let me refund or get a new pair either. but I guess I shoulda bought the waterPROOF not water RESISTANT> GRR! :angry:

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:53 pm

Originally posted by pyro@Jul 1 2004, 04:36 PM
I bought a pair of waterresistant walkie talkies and tried using them in my next battle. While I was shooting it fell out of my pocket and the guy shot it hoping it wasnt waterproof. I just laughed and told him water wouldnt hurt it, then I soaked him. When he was gone I picked up the WT to warn my base. But when I tried it didn't work. I took it to Canadian tire and they told me that it was ruined cause of the water. They wouldnt let me refund or get a new pair either. but I guess I shoulda bought the waterPROOF not water RESISTANT> GRR! :angry:
Hey, that's funny.! That's quite funny... But isn't Water Reistant and Water Proof basically the same thing?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

pyro

Post by pyro » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:00 pm

Well with water resistant it only repels water sitting around it or can go under water only a certain amount of feet(but how would you use a WT under water?), not water being shot at it with a considerable amount of pressure, or so im told. Anyway next time I buy walkie talkies I will be certain to read the label a little more carefully. :rolleyes:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:29 am

With all things that could be destroyed by water (even if water proof or whatever) you need to be careful with it. I kept mine on a clip that I got with it. And have it on my backpack. A good thing to do if you don't have a clip is put it in a cargo pocket on the side of your leg. You can get it out easily and has a little bit of protection from water.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:19 am

In my last battle I put walkie-talkie in a GPS case. It was working fine, comunicating with my scout and all. But after a few times I forgot to zip it and it fell out. The enemy (blaze) got it but didn't know how to work it. They cept pressing the ring button instead of talk so I had to turn it off. I don't know how you would ever get them wet enough for them to break.
BlueSoak.net

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:48 am

It seems to me that the 25 dollar walkie talkies were XPBackfire-esque and weren't really water proof. If you want quality your going to have to pay a little bit more money. 50 dollars was a lot but these are well worth it.

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:52 am

im thinking about getting the $40 ones from radio shack, the motorola T4900's? are those good to buy? they have a 3 mile radius and are weather resistant.
( \/ ) This is Bunny. Put Bunny in your sig
(o.o)to help him on his way to world dominance

<u>My Arsenal</u>
1. CPS 1700 (k-mod and CVF planned)
2. CPS 1000 (k-mod and CVF planned)
3. 3x XP 240
4. Max-D 4000

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:04 am

Sounds good to me ;) But to be sure you can check out reviews. Just look it up on google or something. As long as they are weather resistant they are pretty good. I also don't imagine you'll be running with a water gun anywhere over 3 miles from your partner :P
Storm

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:14 am

Would it be possible to just get a ziplock bag? My father and I have a pair of walkie-talkies he got, and they included a headset. If you put a small hole in the ziplock bag, you could fit the little wire for the earpiece through it and still have a waterproof bag to protect the WT itself.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:35 am

those bags would be suspectible to leaks...with all the jostling from running and everything and mabye get wet or something. and I can't find any good inexpensive water resistant headsets...
( \/ ) This is Bunny. Put Bunny in your sig
(o.o)to help him on his way to world dominance

<u>My Arsenal</u>
1. CPS 1700 (k-mod and CVF planned)
2. CPS 1000 (k-mod and CVF planned)
3. 3x XP 240
4. Max-D 4000