Arctic Blast problems

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
djohnson293

Arctic Blast problems

Post by djohnson293 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Earlier this summer, I discovered that my Arctic Blast had a problem probably from my brother and sister dropping the guns on the ground and generally abusing them. When I pump the gun, no pressure is built up and the water comes out of the nozzle. I passed it off as unrepairable, but now that I want to mod an Arctic Blast I'm hoping that someone on the forums can diagnose the problem and tell me how to repair it, if it is a fixable problem.

aEx155

Re: Arctic Blast problems

Post by aEx155 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Have you tried opening it up? That would be the easiest thing to do to help in diagnosing the problem.

It seems, though, that it would most likely be a trigger valve stuck open. If I'm correct, the Arctic Blast uses a Max-D type valve, so a trigger valve repair guide like this one might help.

Here's a link on guns that leak while pumping, too.

Hopefully that helps.

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:03 pm

There is another one, it might be better, because the spring could deteriorate further than it has already, so check out this repair article

http://forums.sscentral.org/t2730

It makes the trigger more reliable than the one that aEx155 referred you to, but requires more effort. You will also need a paper clip to do the mod I just linked you to
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

djohnson293

Post by djohnson293 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:07 pm

I think the problem is that the bladder has burst. I read the PC replacement guide and the problem described was exactly what was happening to my gun.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm

You would know if the bladder had burst, because when that happens, it's often DRAMATIC! Like, loud bang and water spraying out of any joints on the gun dramatic.

Besides, you specifically state that the water comes out of the nozzle. If you had a burst bladder but working trigger valves, the water would come out somewhere else.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:47 pm

I agree. Was your pressure chamber exposed to the elements when it was dropped? I can't imagine it would break unless the PC hit something kind of odd with the ground, like a stone.

If the PC was burst, water would leak from the trigger area, and the area where the PC is. It might just leak all over the gun, since this is a major part (My CPS 2000 leaked like that, just pouring out the middle). If water comes from the trigger, then its the trigger that is being problematic.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 pm

Sounds like the classic broken Max-D valve. If it's leaking from the nozzle, it's a broken Max-D valve, not a popped bladder. aEx has already linked to our page on repairing Max-D valves so check that out and look at the links on that page. The new "Max-D" type valves are problematic and should be replaced with a more durable valve.