XP 310 CVF?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Soaker Leader

XP 310 CVF?

Post by Soaker Leader » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi all, I am a member from way back when =]. 300th to be exact, I am going to attempt to make a comeback to soakers this winter in hope to get some of the old CPS line off eBay and get a jump start back into soakers...

To the point though. Our class in school is going to be reenacting the battle of Gettysburg which to place during the Civil War. The weapons will be mainly water guns, hopefully I will see kids at school with a strong cps and maybe buy it off them :cool: . Nobody at school really like soakers to much. But anyway I decided to prep my XP 310 tonight. Cleaned it off tested and opened it up. I had noticed that the pressure meter wasn’t working. So when I looked at it I found it hopeless =[. It was totally stuck, I tried to get it free but to no avail. I was just going to leave it in but then the part that holds the rubber O ring broke off... so I just broke off the little arm leading to the pressure gauge, sanded the stub of piping and used part of the broken arm and epoxy to cover the stub hole. I then set that off to dry and went onto the P/C's I put a few balloons in and then though it was enough.

Now I want to CVF it. I am not totally sure where the CV is, so I haven't made any cuts. But with my education of soakers I assumed that this is it right here.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4059/cvhy5.jpg

Thanks for any help, and I will gladly submit some pictures of the internals of my XP310 to the gallery =]. If you want Ben, they could be high quality pictures from my 7.1 digital camrea. The image would be like 3000x2500 or something and 1.1 megs.

anyway...

-SL
Last edited by Soaker Leader on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Screwed up title....

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:14 pm

Send pictures to my email address: ben@sscentral.org

I personally wouldn't freeze the valve of the XP 310 simply because you won't get much better performance. That's the right spot, but it won't really be worth the effort. Don't expect it to perform on par with any CPS water gun.

The best modification you could do to the XP 310 probably would be to increase the PC capacity.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:38 pm

Thanks Ben! Guess I won't need to waste my time on the CVF. I will reassemble the internals and send off the high quality pictures in a little bit.

-SL

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 pm

I dunno...I would do the CVF/PRVD, but don't expect too much improvement. If you want a decent and large air-pressure soaker, my opinion is that the Max-D 6000s (two-packs are cheap at eBay right now) have better stream lamination and all. I do know as a fact that the MD5K has much better range and lamination than my aging XP 270, but the 5K is PR and the 6K is separate chamber.

Sounds like it'll be a fun battle!

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:09 am

I don't need to buy any guns for the battle, I am just preping my XP 310 for battle. But the battle will be historically accurate. Our school has like hills and things perfect for Picketts charge on cemintary ridge and things. It will be really cool. It won't be all out fighting, but will be like a organized reinactmeant of gettysburg. It will be neat =].

Ben, I sent my XP 310's internal pictures. There should be 10, 5 in each email about 1.1 megs each. Hope you like them!

Thanks

-SL