Summer Water War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Xoth

Post by Xoth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:54 pm

Every year, I go to a summer camp, where we have a huge water balloon war between the two "cabins" that the guys sleep in. Each building has 3 floors. One building is smaller than the other building. The small building has about 20 people on each floor, bringing it to a total of about 60 people in there. The large building, I have not investigated, but it probably has about 80 people in it. As you can tell, this is a huge water war. Most of the people there, though, do not train for the war, and just basically throw water balloons. A friend of mine and I are training for this year's war, and we need some ideas, such as ways we can defeat the other team. Last year we were in the small cabin, and we were winning at first, but were soon defeated once we ran out of ammo. This year, no matter what side we are on, we want to make sure we win. The rules are simple: soak, soak, soak. No one is out, the only way we can tell who wins is the soakage. We aren't allowed to use the guns/balloons inside the building, as they are refill stations. DO NOT tell us to dig holes for mines. This camp is held on a college campus, and we are not allowed to reformat the battlefield. I have a simple map of the facility, but it is scaled down largely. My friend and I will be supplied with a large supply of water balloons. I will also be carrying an XP 110, modified from the original stock. My friend is going to buy a Flash Flood. The battle takes place at night. Here are my current ideas:
1.Wear dark camouflage
2.Infiltrate the enemy facility and use an attack from behind
3.Set water mines, such as the ones that Marauder 4 has suggested on his website(the ones with the holy pop bottles)

Any other ideas? I would really appreciate it.
Attachments
map.GIF
map.GIF (7.94 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:27 pm

First idea, invest in some high-powered CPS soakers for maximum soakage - the XP 110 is good, but in a soakfest situation, you probably want something heavier. If you can get hold of some cheap Max-Ds or something, buy them and hand them out to people on your team who haevn't got one. What is the distance between the two cabins?

Secondly, consider buying a set of radios for communication between various groups. They could come in very handy for co-ordinated assaults.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Xoth

Post by Xoth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:45 pm

Originally posted by Spinner@Feb 28 2005, 04:27 PM
First idea, invest in some high-powered CPS soakers for maximum soakage - the XP 110 is good, but in a soakfest situation, you probably want something heavier. If you can get hold of some cheap Max-Ds or something, buy them and hand them out to people on your team who haevn't got one. What is the distance between the two cabins?

Secondly, consider buying a set of radios for communication between various groups. They could come in very handy for co-ordinated assaults.
[snapback]22729[/snapback]

The distance between the cabins is only a few feet. Above one of the entrances on the bottom left side of my map is a large cement slab above the door, connected to the building. A window is perched next to it. I think this would make an excellent sniping location. Back on the topic of the distance, there is enough room to where my squad could hide(if you call about 2 people a squad) and ambush any people going rambo. I usually make a few friends before the war, usually people in the rooms near me and my friend(it is kinda like a college visit, you have a roomie). I could get out my old Storm 500's(if I can find em) and lend them to them. My friend has two 6-mile range walkies, but he won't let us use them. It really doesn't make much use anyway, the dorms aren't really that large.

EDIT: My current idea, is to loop around the back of the enemy, and attack their rear. It is a simple tactic that I think will work well, until they find out.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 pm

Try building one of these water balloon launchers.. They can have really good range if you build them right.

Xoth

Post by Xoth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Originally posted by scorpion@Feb 28 2005, 05:29 PM
Try building one of these water balloon launchers.. They can have really good range if you build them right.
[snapback]22736[/snapback]

I would if I had the parts... or the money... I don't exactly have a wide budget here.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:55 pm

My WBL design costs a little less than 30 dollars. It takes very little time to make as well. If you don't feel comfortable making one then it's understandable. I would suggest finding a way to use a ton of water balloons. Keeping the enemy on its toes for a sudden attack will give you an advantage.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 am

The parts are also common, and can be picked up at even a Sears store. It's not very hard to find any of the parts, and is cheap with one exception. The first one built only cost $30 because I supplied the 3" PVC pipe. 3" PVC costs $15. But that's the only kicker. If you can make one, by all means do, as it will give you/your team a giant advantage. Plus, that kind of WBL can easily outrange people throwing water balloons, and you could hit targets from out of the enemy's range.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Xoth

Post by Xoth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:15 am

Originally posted by Duxburian@Feb 28 2005, 07:01 PM
The parts are also common, and can be picked up at even a Sears store. It's not very hard to find any of the parts, and is cheap with one exception. The first one built only cost $30 because I supplied the 3" PVC pipe. 3" PVC costs $15. But that's the only kicker. If you can make one, by all means do, as it will give you/your team a giant advantage. Plus, that kind of WBL can easily outrange people throwing water balloons, and you could hit targets from out of the enemy's range.
[snapback]22745[/snapback]

I will possibly save my money to get the parts, but right now I'm saving for a Flash Flood. I need another weapon, or so it seems.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:42 am

Save for a bigger weapon than the Flash Flood. Look for a medium cannon like the CPS 1500 or larger - it is a soakfest after all.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Xoth

Post by Xoth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:49 pm

Originally posted by Spinner@Mar 1 2005, 06:42 AM
Save for a bigger weapon than the Flash Flood. Look for a medium cannon like the CPS 1500 or larger - it is a soakfest after all.
[snapback]22750[/snapback]

Ok, I'll try to find a CPS. I'm going to KB Toys this weekend--let's hope I get lucky!