Range On A Sniper

Threads about water gun modifications.
USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:14 pm

this is all theoretical and so I probably won't build this but....

if you want to optimize your range on a long range water gun you obviously want a straight tube for the water to go through. So here's my question on this water gun do you want a long barrel (say 2 feet) or a really short barrel (basically the end of the pc hooks up to the valve.) Or would somewhere in the middle (say 1 ft) be best?

thanks in advance

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:19 pm

I honestly don't know on this one. I would think the "barrel" the gun comes with would be just fine, in fact the most optimal. I know with nerf a longer barrel is best, but I doubt the same principle applies to soakers.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:29 pm

You will want a barrel that is long enough. I do not think that a very long barrel is good for guns, and a short barrel doesn't appear to be bad either. I make my barrels (after the valve) about 3.5 inches long I think. I measured it on my 2700 and that's what it was. They are the pros so they know what they're doing. It probably depends on the soaker's power, on some a short barrel might be best, on some a longer maybe 6 inch one might be better. My CPS 2100's one is shorter, so likely is it based upon the power. I would just make one 3-5 inches long, you don't want most of your gun to be the barrel.

elusiveviper723

Post by elusiveviper723 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:15 am

if u try and shoot upwards with a long barrel at any angle water will get stuck in the barrel causing the next shot to missfire. this has happened to me. a good sloution though is to empty the barrel by just pointing your gun down after every shot

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:42 pm

Actually I think a better solution would be to not use a long barrel. Anyway, that has never happened to me and I don't see why it should. Maybe if there is air in the barrel and it compresses that would happen, but I doubt it. I've tried stuff with barrels like 8 inches long, I noticed little if any performance increase but that didn't happen to me. It probably is an instance specific thing.