Fastest Way to Fill a Super Soaker

General water gun discussion.
lngdnpl

Fastest Way to Fill a Super Soaker

Post by lngdnpl » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Can anyone direct me to what devices exist to quickly fill and seal the tanks on the guns?

cantab

Re: Fastest Way to Fill a Super Soaker

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 pm

There are various ways to quickly fill a supersoaker.

For ordinary screw-capped reservoirs, a good method is a water bottle with a small hole in the base covered with tape, Open the boittle cap, put the bottle neck over the blaster's filler hole, and remove the tape from the bottle - this lets the water drain super-fast.

Some guns have "super charge" devices. You insert the nozzle into a hose attachment and it pressurises and fills. In principle it should be possible to modify any gun with a separate pressure chamber to work this way - they all have a pressure release valve, so once the pressure chamber is full that will send the remaining water into the reservoir.

Others have quick fill caps. They have a spring-loaded valve that can be pushed open from the outside when you use a hose or tap to fill, and then shut tight when the blaster is in use. But in my experience they're no better than normal screw-caps and get the user wet.

Finally there's the option of making a backpack, meaning you don't NEED to refill as often.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:29 am

This. Althought it does have some design defficiencies that I should probably resolve in the future. One example would be the incredibly clunky charger system.

If you go with the fast-bottle method, u have to be careful to avoid leaking, making the hole as small as possible.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:04 pm

When you do use a bottle to fill a gun, just pour it like you normally would, but shake it hard. The water drains a lot faster, especially if the bottle opening is huge. A CPS 2000 tank is done in a matter of seconds.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:33 pm

BTW, I just noticed this thread was in Off Topic, so I've moved it to General.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

billyy2288

Post by billyy2288 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 am

C-A_99 wrote:This. Althought it does have some design defficiencies that I should probably resolve in the future. One example would be the incredibly clunky charger system.

If you go with the fast-bottle method, u have to be careful to avoid leaking, making the hole as small as possible.
Such a very amazing link!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm

It was a new (and IMO obvious, given so many people already knew how Super Chargers and other forms of fast-filling work; they're quite simple) idea at the time but I think it's outdated now. It's unergonomical; not as quick and easy to use as the real fast filler, and the shape makes it break rather easily it seems. Brass/copper (any kind of metal piping really) may be the best materials to use, as one of my PVC VHS's was torn apart (though it did so safely; it didn't explode or anything) one time when pressure built up in a long hose on a hot day.

Unfortunately, I curently don't have the time/resources to come up with a new design at the moment. That'll have to wait.